• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question National League Cup - will you attend?

Would you attend these fixtures, baring in mind they would be only against U21 teams?

• Yes

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 93 61.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 25 16.4%

• Total voters

Morty01

Striker
Earlier this year, it was revealed that the National League and the Premier League were working on a new cup competition - set to start in November.

16 National League sides will be pitted against 16 Category 1 academy sides in 4 regionalised groups of eight teams. In the group stage, only National League sides will play Academy sides. The top 2 from each group will qualify for the quarter finals. All National League clubs will play their 4 group stage matches at home.

This is as much info there is right now, but this, to me, just sounds like another EFL Trophy-type competition where sides will be punished for not fielding full strength teams.

I wouldn't go. I have a 150 mile round trip for Home Matches so couldn't justify the journey. Well at least until the latter stages, then would think again.

The club will be losing money hosting these matches at RH. It will create a fixture pile up, destroy the pitches further and cause carnage with our small squad. I am totally against it and happy to boycott if that is the feeling.

The club will be losing money hosting these matches at RH. It will create a fixture pile up, destroy the pitches further and cause carnage with our small squad. I am totally against it and happy to boycott if that is the feeling.
Sadly I doubt boycotting this spurious competition will bother our friends at the NL in the slightest.

If we increase our Squad then great opportunity to get some Minutes of the legs of people like George Wind....I would give it a go......I was one of the 641 Hady souls who watched the Game against Brighton U21s!!

I initially voted yes having read the thread title and not the actual poll question. I'm definitely on the side of boycotting. The players and management staff I'm sure also see little to no point in these games taking place for all of the reasons above stated by Smiffy and Shrimper.

Wonder if others who've voted yes made the same mistake as me by not reading the poll question itself?

Otherwise I'm surprised and disappointed so many are willing to support a competition enforced upon us with no obvious benefits.

Unsure as I really don't like the idea of it, but if we are playing at home and I'm free, I would possibly go.

Do we know when the games are likely to be?

Another exile here - 190 mile round trip for home games. I'll make the effort for a meaningful evening fixture but not for these.

I just hope we don't pick up injuries, don't ruin the pitch, and don't lose too much money.

It sa 2 and a half hour round trip for me also , and varies considerably based on kick off time, and as has been my past experience whether roads and the bridge/tunnel is closed !!

So a No for me on that one let alone not happy with yet another mad , unnecessary competition

Having said that a brief rethink............I suspect I would probably weaken at the knees and heart , and cough the £9.99p to NL TV if available to see any of our youngsters perform if a number of them allowed to play

Back