• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question National League Cup - will you attend?

Would you attend these fixtures, baring in mind they would be only against U21 teams?

• Yes

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 93 61.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 25 16.4%

• Total voters
I initially voted yes having read the thread title and not the actual poll question. I'm definitely on the side of boycotting. The players and management staff I'm sure also see little to no point in these games taking place for all of the reasons above stated by Smiffy and Shrimper.

Wonder if others who've voted yes made the same mistake as me by not reading the poll question itself?

Otherwise I'm surprised and disappointed so many are willing to support a competition enforced upon us with no obvious benefits.
Just caught me out too

I initially voted yes having read the thread title and not the actual poll question. I'm definitely on the side of boycotting. The players and management staff I'm sure also see little to no point in these games taking place for all of the reasons above stated by Smiffy and Shrimper.

Wonder if others who've voted yes made the same mistake as me by not reading the poll question itself?

Otherwise I'm surprised and disappointed so many are willing to support a competition enforced upon us with no obvious benefits.
Did the exact same thing. Have changed my vote since.

I'm a no. But if PL clubs forked out and paid well for our participation it might go some way towards changing my mind. If it's something insignificant £2k for a win then it's laughable really when we know how much money is floating around up there.

I know money shouldn't come in the way of ethics but if the money was enough to really benefit clubs like ours then maybe it's a necessary evil. If not, then it's just another fixture in an already congested schedule. Ta, but no thanks.

On the financial side of things I would love to back the club as there will be running costs involved and I would hope COSU ‘s faith needs repaying, but I don’t agree with the format.
Tentative attend from me.

Earlier this year, it was revealed that the National League and the Premier League were working on a new cup competition - set to start in November.
16 National League sides will be pitted against 16 Category 1 academy sides in 4 regionalised groups of eight teams. In the group stage, only National League sides will play Academy sides. The top 2 from each group will qualify for the quarter finals. All National League clubs will play their 4 group stage matches at home.
This is as much info there is right now, but this, to me, just sounds like another EFL Trophy-type competition where sides will be punished for not fielding full strength teams.
As 8 National League sides wont be competing, i hope we're one of them!. Chilly night games a few weeks before Christmas, be lucky to get a thousand through the turnstiles?.

On the upside we get to look at some u21 talent from higher league and then we get them in on loan? :-)

As stated I am not by any means a fan of this but if it gives our new owners extra income then I'm a big fan of that aspect which overrides the above reason of boycotting for me. I'll be honest I don't really want us to be involved in the other cups at this level but we are where we are.

Back