• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp is a Dad!

Many congratulations Matt and of course to your good lady. Hope you lost all street cred like me and blabbed more than your new daughter.

It's a very special time, savior every second of it.

Yep. First time I've blubbed in 15 years... quite a shock, really! I wept like a babe.

I won't bore you all with the details - since those of you who are parents have been there already, and those of you who aren't will think I'm spouting drivel. Suffice it to say that women are much harder than men; how Mrs. MtS had the strength to undergo a 37.5 hour labour, I'll never know.

I'm exhausted, the missus is exhausted, Imogen is already sleeping for Britain, but all are well. For those who collect such stats, Imogen was getting on for 2 weeks overdue (she takes after me already!), but weighed in at a very respectable 8lbs 4oz.

I'm off to bed, so I'll just leave you with a few pics of the new lady in my life:

71562582551ad4f8ab4ade369be76f9297cf8f56247c4416783190e88c544582719fce0d.jpg

81349043df866d378f5dc7fe52a3435a0426d7c03982ae2c29861668c05d747cc39d1ac8.jpg

864326892a95f0c725f52339f8c11ff4b3e06138b6e5940ccb6af0a26850d44bdedecc10.jpg

Yours, an elated,

MtS

Last edited:
Congratulations mate - didn't even know Mrs MtS was expecting!

With you on the blubbering bit, both mine had me in tears when they were born. I just echo what other people have said - enjoy every second of it. Time will go in a flash and before you know it she'll be taking her first faltering steps (as my youngest is now) and then she'll be asking constant questions about everything (as my oldest keeps doing). Yet it only feels like yesterday when I was posting on here as a proud father for the first time.

She looks lovely and in great shape considering she's just been through a 37.5 hour labour! I can only echo what has already been said, your life will change unrecognisably but the burning pride and love you have for your children is just overwhelming. Best of all, it grows and grows....

Congratulations to you all and welcome to fatherhood Matt!!

Last edited:
Congrats, Matt.

I hope you get her watching the game on TV tonight!

Both of my children took in their first Southend game within 2-3 weeks of being born (although slept through most of it!). My daughter's birth was the turning point in our fortunes. She "watched" Southend defy the odds in Nov 2003 with a late Jay Smith goal to beat Canvey away in the Cup, and the rest since is history. My son "watched" substitute Freddie stun Forest with a late goal to win 8 in a row and go top in the League One Championship year.

All I wish is that your daughter is able to "watch" and bring us as much luck with similar results tonight!! (And that all the MtSs are well, obviously!)

Congrats to all .

As a recent Dad myself can only imagine how tired all are at this moment in time

All the best from the DtS family.

Back