• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Matchday travel

With regards to matchday travel, do you currently -

• Arrive by train

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Live local and walk

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Arrive by bus

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Park in the club car park

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Park at the Hospital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Park in the local streets

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Park on Prittlewell Chase

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Use the JustPark App to park on driveways

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Park other

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Blue badge Club car park

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dropped off by the missus/someone else

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Cycle

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems somewhat arrogant to try to dictate what an Academy Trust - a business and a limited company, do with their private facilities.
I am sorry you think I am arrogant it's not my intention I was suggesting that this facility at the school in the past was useful and would helpful if it was established if the parking at the ground was reduced.You are clearly correct its private site and not owned by the club so out of their control

I am sorry you think I am arrogant it's not my intention I was suggesting that this facility at the school in the past was useful and would helpful if it was established if the parking at the ground was reduced.You are clearly correct its private site and not owned by the club so out of their control
I'm sure you're not. It was just the way that message came across.

This is something the Club is enforcing, not the stewards who are only doing as they were told. Too many people were parking in there, many saying they were "just dropping off", then instead of leaving by the bottom exit, going and parking. Too many were also parking leaving too much space so they are trying to maximise the space there is and get as many people in as possible. We always liked to leave by the Fairfax Drive exit but seems that's not open now which seems daft. It's a nightmare to get out of at the moment as people are selfish on Vic Avenue and block people's exit.
Maybe the Stewards should stop all those Cars without a valid Car Pass????? Simple, no valid Car Permit then no entry!! I noticed that a high percentage of cars do not have/show their Permit? VIEWS????

Great question and suggestion, and I will certainly put that forward.

@Zeuss .... do you know if there is anything currently?
Thanks, just wondering if the consortium might consider bike racking from a sustainability viewpoint. Perhaps council/sponsor could contribute something towards it .

Thanks, just wondering if the consortium might consider bike racking from a sustainability viewpoint. Perhaps council/sponsor could contribute something towards it .
I'm pretty certain bike racks have been on the trust/club liaison meeting minutes over the years. Think it was parked due to moving to FF - but would imagine that could be brought back to life - hopefully some grants available from somewhere to maybe fund it as well

@Target man - would you know if there is/is going to be a facility for bicycle storage? If so, I'd cycle in sometimes and so not need to park the car in local streets.
Previously, SUCET were looking into grant funding for bicycle storage for those wishing to cycle to the game. At the point that the move to Fossetts went out the window, this should (in my opinion) have come back on the table for them as it would benefit their students as well as fans on matchdays.

Maybe the Stewards should stop all those Cars without a valid Car Pass????? Simple, no valid Car Permit then no entry!! I noticed that a high percentage of cars do not have/show their Permit? VIEWS????
When we arrived, everyone was being stopped and checked going into the main car park. I can't say about the top car park, but what I will say is that people LIE! They'll say they're going in the shop, do so, then disappear off conveniently forgetting to move their cars!

As it goes, we do not have a permit ourselves but do have authority to park. Personally, I think 3 car park passes issued to each box is too many.

Civic Centre , with the monthly parking ticket (8.50 a month) 3 hours a day at any southend car park is free , so if I get there a bit earlier , a top up for an hour on the app at half time sorts it .

When we arrived, everyone was being stopped and checked going into the main car park. I can't say about the top car park, but what I will say is that people LIE! They'll say they're going in the shop, do so, then disappear off conveniently forgetting to move their cars!

As it goes, we do not have a permit ourselves but do have authority to park. Personally, I think 3 car park passes issued to each box is too many.
Surely on match days parking to ‘go in the shop’ shouldn’t be allowed. No permit, no parking space.

Surely on match days parking to ‘go in the shop’ shouldn’t be allowed. No permit, no parking space.
Ticket office is in there too though, people arrive to buy tickets not just go in the shop. Like I said, we have authorisation to park but the Club do not issue us with a permit - never asked why, maybe I should. It's never been an issue because everyone who ever does the gate knows that we do.

May be if they stopped taking cash too, that would help. Yes I have regularly seen them being slipped money. I have been trying for a couple of seasons to get a permit with no success so seeing this happening if extremely annoying.

Defective poll !
Some of us cycle !

I'd love to cycle but wasn't aware of a safe place to lock up the bike.

Edit: Having flicked through the remaining comments I see it has been addressed. I wouldn't feel confident my bike would still be there if locked up to a lamppost.

Defective poll !
Some of us cycle !
Which reminds me of the guy who always cycled to games years ago. Always wore an old yellow & blue bobbled hat. Sat in the west. Can’t remember his name.
He seemed unwell and struggled for breath last time I saw him.
This must have been 15-20 years ago now.

This is something the Club is enforcing, not the stewards who are only doing as they were told. Too many people were parking in there, many saying they were "just dropping off", then instead of leaving by the bottom exit, going and parking. Too many were also parking leaving too much space so they are trying to maximise the space there is and get as many people in as possible. We always liked to leave by the Fairfax Drive exit but seems that's not open now which seems daft. It's a nightmare to get out of at the moment as people are selfish on Vic Avenue and block people's exit.
BUT ..... if the Stewards only allow those with Current Parking Permits then surely that will help matters BUT NO!!! anybody who wants to park in the carpark is allowed in whether they have a permit or not (& Cash of course

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back