• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mark Molesley appointed as manager

Whilst most of us on here are happy I reckon Mr Goodship will have the biggest grin on his face.

“I’ve also heard that Hutch had attracted some attention from a recently relegated premier league team down on the south coast, but seeing as how everything is changing down there, that interest has disappeared.... or been put on hold at least”

if this was true from @GBJ on another thread I’m assuming that that club was Bournemouth, so he may also already be on MM radar?

Reactions: GBJ
Welcome Mark Moseley. Wishing you a long and successful time at SUFC
Championship football hear we come!
The guy sounds astute to me and obviously got Ron hot under the collar, checking us all out. Having said that, Well Done Ron . Let's get this embargo out of the way, positive news on Fossetts Farm and get the goood times rolling back! UTB:Clap::Clap::Worthy::Worthy::Thumbs up::Thumbs up::Smile::Smile:

Now the main issue to get clarified is whether we can manage to keep hold of Fagan in some capacity, whether promoted to first team coach or kept on as U23's. Wouldn't blame him at all for looking elsewhere, but would be a coup to keep him on board if we can.

I see this as a potential start of some succession planning. Fagan has seen so far most probably the poorer side of management to date but if he hangs around and watches how MM operates and learns over the next couple of years, he will be our next manager when a successful MM moves onto bigger things !

I see this as a potential start of some succession planning. Fagan has seen so far most probably the poorer side of management to date but if he hangs around and watches how MM operates and learns over the next couple of years, he will be our next manager when a successful MM moves onto bigger things !
I'm with you on that, though the hope is that MM is here for many years to come, whether Fagan wants to play second fiddle having almost got the job it's yet to be seen, but if he thinks he can learn from MM and has no better offers, then having him on board (hopefully with a promotion to first team coach) would be ideal.

A very warm welcome to Mark, I hope your tenure will be a great success for you and our club. Mark Molseley has clearly shown his confidence in Ron Martin and it is now for Ron, without delay, to start repaying that trust. Our outstanding HMRC debt needs to be quickly cleared and funds found to build on the bare bones of a squad we have at present. The new season is fast approaching and action is urgent.

It will be my birthday later this week and I will claim this as an early present. Not just because I believe him to be as well qualified a candidate as a Club like Southend can hope for, but, also because it suggests to me that our finances might not be as hopeless as I thought they were six months ago.
It is difficult to believe he would have signed without a well founded belief that the embargo would soon be lifted. Securing his services also would have cost something, and, probably a sum far greater than any of us thought would ever be available earlier in the year when we were defaulting on wages.
His appointment sends a clear message that we intend to be a serious club again.
It is said by armies that 'no battle plan survives contact with the enemy'. I mention this as a reminder that however good the manager and the preparation for the season is, a degree of luck is needed once the games begin.
We need to remember this and also be patient while giving MM our wholehearted support.
And lastly kudos for Ron for going for such a well qualified candidate and then landing him.
You exceeded my expectations by some margin and I salute you for it.

Well, you guys have hit the jackpot with getting Mark & Tom. Gutted to have lost him from Weymouth, but we regroup & go again.
Best wishes to Mark & Southend for the coming season. Maybe see you in the FA Cup
Sorry for your loss, and thanks for letting us take your most prized assets in Goodship, MM & team. Hope you find a good replacement, though please keep your hands off Craig Fagan. Cheers.

Back