• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Luton protest at Orenuja's Debut

GNH

Fish House Ultras⭐
Heard from a normally reliable source that Luton have made a formal complaint regarding the debut of Orenuja today stating he was not old enough to be registered.

Not sure if this is true so don't shoot the messenger but would be a bit of a problem if true!

If so, this sounds like

sour%20grapes2.jpg

Absolutely, we were already winning 3-1 when he came on and there was very little time left.

I heard mutings of him being 14 days to young to be registered. Hope this blows over pretty quickly TBH

I've just had a look at the rules of the competition and there are no age restrictions on there.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/88E4F314-784F-492D-A2C8-B531A99B5732/147348/FACupRules.PDF

And from there i entered in to the minefield that is the FA Laws of the game and they state that he can only play for us if he is on a scholarship

C. RULES RELATING TO PLAYERS
Players with Written Contracts
1 (a) Minimum Age
(i) A Player under 18 years of age and in receipt of full-time education2 may not enter
into a contract of employment with a Club in membership of The Association
and/or an Affiliated Association.
(ii) A Player under 17 years of age may not enter into a contract of employment with
a Club in membership with The Association and/or an Affiliated Association,
except under a Scholarship as provided for by Rule C3.

Scholarships
3 (a) Scholarships
(i) Players on or after their 14th birthday may be offered a scholarship to commence
no earlier than the last Friday in June in the academic year in which they will reach
the age of 16 provided they are not receiving full-time education (a
“Scholarship”). The registration of a Player on a Scholarship shall be made on
Form “G(4)” (in such form as shall be published by The Association from time to
time). Each form, after completion of all particulars, including dates and
signatures, must be signed at the same time by the Player on a Scholarship and by
a parent or guardian and returned to The Association within five days of such
signatures accompanied by a copy of the agreement entered into by the Club and
the Player on a Scholarship and also a copy of the birth certificate.
(ii) On or after a Player on a Scholarship’s 17th birthday, the Player may remain on a
Scholarship or may sign as a Player under written contract subject to the
regulations of the league or combination of which the Club is a member, and to
the Rules with reference to Players under written contract.
(iii) A Player on a Scholarship shall not play for a Club until such Club registering the
Player has received acknowledgement of the registration from The Association.
The Association will from time to time publish the names of Players registered on
Scholarships.

So as far as i can make out as long as he is one of our scholars and is registered with the Football Association then it doesnt matter how old he is.... but i may be wrong.

Last year, Gillingham striker Luke Freeman became the youngest player to appear in the FA Cup proper at 15 years and 233 days.

I don't know if Orenuju is younger or older than that.

Last edited:
Last year, Gillingham striker Luke Freeman became the youngest player to appear in the FA Cup proper at 15 years and 233 days.

I don't know if Orenuju is younger or older than that.

What cup did that Barnsley youngster play in? Was it the Carling cup he was 15 Years and something like 93 days.

You would hope that Southend had checked this through and that he was ok to play, otherwise very good chance of being chucked out of the competition even though he never touched the ball.

What I don't understand is why him? What about Medi Abalimba? He is ment to be highly rated and has been on trial with both Manchester United and Liverpool. Whats the deal with that?

Fact of the matter is he never made any difference to the game, luton were **** and if they have complained its an utter disgrace they are well on their way to the conference with todays display

I we should counter act there claim by complaining to trading standards about the use of the term "football club" in there name as I saw no evidence of them attempting to play any football today.

What a complete load of ***** they were.

I think that you can't have an under 16s in a league game. Not sure about the cup. Luton were shocking. Anyone know if their goal crossed the line because they got a goalkick at the South Stand when i was clear that it didn't cross the line.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back