• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that SWP is *****...

He is ****ing awful.

How the hell was he playing left-wing ahead of Ashely Young second half? It was embarassing.

one great run, terrible otherwise. he played too deep and hid from the ball. i actually laughed when Terry clattered him!

That alone made Terry England's M-o-M.

He did do some good tracking back too. But his play is still so one dimensional when faced against a defender with an ounce of common sense.

I'd also never noticed how dirty and snidy Arbeloa is either.

SWP is like a kid in the playground who just chases the ball. At international level I expect better.

I thought little SWP had his moments. At least he was going for it and running against people. It was more than could be said for bloody Downing on the other side! He was abject against Andorra and I think last night could be the nail in his international coffin.

SWP runs at people and then what? He has no end product, so he'll just run into another guy.

Were you watching the same game I was? SWP was about the only threat we had - he takes on and beats players - something Downing can only dream about. (Edit - at least we agree on that Slip, my initial question was to seany t).

SWP wasn't a threat. He never once looked like playing a good ball. His shot when he cut in from the left (how the defender never saw that coming, I don't know) was so feeble it was pathetic. It was the sort of thing you'd expect to see at our level.

SWP has been like this in virtually every England game. He should never have been capped again following his performance against Northern Ireland when we lost. This is international football, I expect a bit of quality. I just can't see quality in Wright-Phillips, its like watching Danny Mills in an England shirt again.

Even more depressing, he was starting over the superb Beckham and the talented Bentley and Lennon. Why?

I don't care if none of those three play regular club football, they at least have some quality about them. Wright-Phillips might be quick, he might be elusive, but he just screams out NOT INTERNATIONAL QUALITY.

Surely you can't mean Tottenham's David Bentley? So poor, selfish and inconsistent for his club this season that he's been dropped by Redknapp repeatedly?

I still think there may be a vacancy at centre half. Rio Ferdinand + 1 other.

The perception I always get, though, is that England are always seen as black or white, brilliant or dreadful. There are no black and white, just shades of grey. The England performance wasn't as poor as some people would leave you to believe.

The English strength is of Latin origin. Capello has without doubt one of the best footballing minds on the planet and, unusually, has played at the same high level he is now coaching at - those of us of a certain age will remember what he done to our defence back in '73.

The result, I'm certain, wasn't of great importance to him. I'm not absolutely sure how the team as a whole performed was of primary concern, too, as he knows what they are capable of. Looking at his body language he was watching individuals and seeing how they done when put into a certain situation. Shaun Wright-Phillips, I am certain, was one of the players he was looking at, and he was given a good view of his strengths and weaknesses. Jagielka was another. He also saw both sides of Carlton Cole, the bad miss, followed by the excellent rounding of the keeper from a slide-rule Becks pass.

I would have said beforehand that England were most likely to lose by a two goal margin and always felt that the level of display would be nullified by top draw opposition , climate and experimentation. If Fabio has learned more about who he takes to South Africa, as England will surely qualify, then it's been a worthwhile exercise.

He is ****ing awful.

How the hell was he playing left-wing ahead of Ashely Young second half? It was embarassing.

That alone made Terry England's M-o-M.

SWP is like a kid in the playground who just chases the ball. At international level I expect better.

SWP runs at people and then what? He has no end product, so he'll just run into another guy.

SWP wasn't a threat. He never once looked like playing a good ball. His shot when he cut in from the left (how the defender never saw that coming, I don't know) was so feeble it was pathetic. It was the sort of thing you'd expect to see at our level.

SWP has been like this in virtually every England game. He should never have been capped again following his performance against Northern Ireland when we lost. This is international football, I expect a bit of quality. I just can't see quality in Wright-Phillips, its like watching Danny Mills in an England shirt again.

Even more depressing, he was starting over the superb Beckham and the talented Bentley and Lennon. Why?

I don't care if none of those three play regular club football, they at least have some quality about them. Wright-Phillips might be quick, he might be elusive, but he just screams out NOT INTERNATIONAL QUALITY.

Couldn't agree more he was awful against Spain. He is similar to JCR in that he runs at people but rarely produces anything

Back