• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Liam Feeney in / Ademeno out

Looks a good signing if he is a decent enough player and hes quite young to.

Please please please please let it be 2 experienced defenders next

Plus how do I get the numerical verison up.

Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Eastwood, Gower, Bailey and Bentley are all former non-league players who were brilliant for us over the last few years.

If you go back further Phil Gridelet was another former non-league player as well.

I'd like to know how you plan to get a permanent transfer in on Nov 26, without resorting to a loan then a permanent.

I undertsand the system, i didnt mean or suggest we could get him on a perm in november. i just feel that we keep overloading the midfield with loan players, when clearly the defence should also be a priority. i also stand to be corrected. after my earlier comments, i spoke to a wrok colleague and you will see from my later comments that it could turn out to be a cracking signing. time will tell!!

I'd like to know how you plan to get a permanent transfer in on Nov 26, without resorting to a loan then a permanent.

I undertsand the system, i didnt mean or suggest we could get him on a perm in november. i just feel that we keep overloading the midfield with loan players, when clearly the defence should also be a priority. i also stand to be corrected. after my earlier comments, i spoke to a wrok colleague and you will see from my later comments that it could turn out to be a cracking signing. time will tell!!
Well I agree we could do with 1 more defender, but Feeney won't be on massive wages (He agreed terms with D&R) and there's nothing to stop us bringing in another defender on loan is there?

According to the football database that is FM, you can have up to 4 long-term loans per season (3 months+) and as many short term loans as you want (< 3months). So this loan should have no effect except the minimal wages taken up.

EDIT: That sounded a bit harsher then intended, didn't mean it to come across that way.

Last edited:
Eastwood, Gower, Bailey and Bentley are all former non-league players who were brilliant for us over the last few years.

If you go back further Phil Gridelet was another former non-league player as well.

At the risk of this turning in to a 'who have we signed from non-league' thread, there was a certain Simon Royce as well.

And for the purposes of balance - Mark Salter.

Well I agree we could do with 1 more defender, but Feeney won't be on massive wages (He agreed terms with D&R) and there's nothing to stop us bringing in another defender on loan is there?

According to the football database that is FM, you can have up to 4 long-term loans per season (3 months+) and as many short term loans as you want (< 3months). So this loan should have no effect except the minimal wages taken up.

Indeed nothing ventured nothing gained!

If the management think they see something in him, then this is a pretty ideal situation. We get him for a spell to see if he's the player we hope without any major outlay, and he gets a chance to decide if he'd be happy playing his football here - there's not much point signing players who wouldn't.

On the flipside, Ademeno gets meaningful, competitive experience and a chance to show what he can do.

Plenty of people have already pointed out the parallels with Freddy.

To be honest I just don't see who loses out here, except perhaps for Salisbury.

Can we please have the numerical version as I hate all this.

fm.jpg
;)

I've never understood this "Not another midfielder, we need a defender" stuff. Yes, we DO need defenders, but if this chap turns out to be an improvement on Ademeno then it's entirely irrelevant.

shrimperjon said:
i also stand to be corrected. after my earlier comments, i spoke to a wrok colleague and you will see from my later comments that it could turn out to be a cracking signing. time will tell!!

Fair play to you for sharing the later comments but all it proves is that this whole debate about whether he'll add value is pointless until we see him play. The comments about Tilson's latest desperate signing were ridiculous.

We've had ex-Prem stars who were ***** and we've had previously never-heard-of players from the Conference who've done us proud. Why don't we just wait and see?

What concerns me most is that, in just ten minutes on here, his morale has dropped from 'superb' to 'very good'. He's obviously reading this stuff.

Edit: he's also started comfort eating because his condition has dropped nearly 10%

Out of interest, why do you say that "clearly the defence should also be a priority"?

What concerns me most is that, in just ten minutes on here, his morale has dropped from 'superb' to 'very good'. He's obviously reading this stuff.

Edit: he's also started comfort eating because his condition has dropped nearly 10%

Must have been to the 'Damien Scannell school of fitness' ;)

Must have been to the 'Damien Scannell school of fitness' ;)

He now needs to speak to Revell whose morale has gone from "absolutely awesome and incredible" when he couldn't get in the team to a more cheerful "utterly fandabidohzee supercalafragilisticexpialadociomongous" now he's scoring goals.

Oh come on! It's not like going shopping....eggs, cheese, bread.
Defender -yep got that - now where's the creative midfielders? Oh yes - that one please, don't wrap him up. Now...Oh yes - etc etc.

You look at players as and when they are available. Ronaldo wants to sign for us - not yet mate, we've no reserve centre half, you'll have to wait.

Back