• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Gard

Clifford’s decline always surprised me. When he first broke into the first team he looked like he had a real chance and had the makings of a really good player. Didn’t look out of place in our last few seasons of league football, admittedly in a poor team, but just seemed to really drop off in the national league.

The gap between holding your own in L1 and NLS isn’t all that much. We’ve had countless fullbacks flit between the two of them - Che Wilson, Ben Coker, Sean Clohessy, Leon Davies etc. Until you get well over 100+ games under your belt initial promise can easily evaporate before you’ve properly established a reputation that can sustain a loss in form.

The drop down to Isthmian South East is more surprising and is almost certainly a bigger gap than between the bottom of L1 and the top of NLS, particularly with the way the pyramid spreads out.

It can’t however be easy having your dreams taken away from you and I’m not surprised if time at Southend then soured people on football.

This may shock everyone, Lewis Gard signed for Ramsgate about three weeks ago.

Ramsgate play in the Isthmian South East (Step 4) and this is a two level drop from Tonbridge Angels.

He scored eight goals last season in the NLS so Ramsgate must be paying well.

They’ve signed a couple of ex EFL players including our very own Tom Clifford.
I wonder if they can afford an house/flats to live in, especially it’s not cheap to pay. Unless they have jobs away from football and play for Ramsgate as part time.

Important that owners at clubs at that level often own companies in building trades etc, i.e Ant Smith at Concord with his asbestos firm. A lot of the players were also employed by his company, which helped them punch massively above their weight.

At that level they often offer part-time football and a career opportunity.

Having said that, would have been great to see him have another crack at the pro game, but whatever he is doing is probably in his best interests.

Yeah ramsgate are well backed, had a good fa cup run last season and would have expected to get promoted so probably throwing even more money at it this year to ensure promotion. Also got players like roarie deacon and Joe ellul who would probably be a cut above the rest at that level for sure…

I wonder if they can afford an house/flats to live in, especially it’s not cheap to pay. Unless they have jobs away from football and play for Ramsgate as part time.
Lewis Gard also works as a coach for CP Coaching Academy I believe, which is Callum Powell’s academy.

Back