• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Constantine

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 26 2004,16:17)]Oooohhhh... an invitation to one and all.

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Tough luck!

I'm off to Play For My Club! See ya!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 26 2004,16:23)]Oh goody... another 20,100 will be added to our total score within the next 2 hours.

laugh.gif
Ha!

Just added in excess of 100,000 in three attempts!

Beat that ya Wop!
biggrin.gif

It is clear from the amount of money Connie was offered that he was not central to Tilson's plans and therefore we need not worry. Anyway it will now give us more money to renegotiate Kev's contract.

If he was not such a money grabber, why would he discuss moeny in his interview.

Surely if money meant little to you, you wouldn't even mention what you got last year, and what you've been offered this year.
rock.gif

By my calculations (always suspect at the best of times) he got a 40% pay rise! And that wasn't enough?

Also one would assume that a lot of the offers are starting points in negotiations. Therefore if he was desperate to stay and the club really wanted him to stay, further talks would have been held. He could have ended up with say another 10 or 20%.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nestudas @ May 26 2004,15:12)]£36400 a year is not an incredible amount of money in this day and age especially in what is after all a short term career.

Only a small amount of professionals are able to progress into management, coaching, tv punditry and the like. The majority have to change careers completely.
Sorry, but it's a career HE chose to pursue.

I'd like to think that he's given some thought to life after playing football professionally although, having spoken to the guy in the past there doesn't seem to be a great deal of common sense knocking about in that head of his. Maybe he knows that, which is why he's looking for more money. (Although something tells me he ain't gonna invest it for the future.)

WS

I'm curious as to who is actually lying - Leon said that the club was dragging its feet, not contacting him when they said they would, and that he didn't know what was going on (that last bit doesn't suprise me too much!!), the Club said that they were waiting for Leon to get back to them, and had been in contact with him all the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greenelk @ May 27 2004,11:41)]I'm curious as to who is actually lying - Leon said that the club was dragging its feet, not contacting him when they said they would, and that he didn't know what was going on (that last bit doesn't suprise me too much!!), the Club said that they were waiting for Leon to get back to them, and had been in contact with him all the time.
If you were waiting for a contract about your future, would you wait for someone to phone you?
No, you would be pestering the life out of them until something was sorted

The club were meant to ring him on Sunday, and didn't until the Wednesday according to Leon. Would anybody else put money on the truth being Leon's phone was switched off and the club giving up after spending hours trying to get hold of him?

ever so cynical chadded!!!

but in truth it would have been rude if his mobile kept going off while havin a chat with the fat judas in p'boro!!!

i have to agree with Cockles and Wiggy on this. Tilson is quite clearly being stopped from offering his best players a decent enough contract to keep them at the club. we will have a cr*p team with only the lesser fringe players signing. if we loose constantine, maher, cort, warren, jay smith and maybe flahaven its hardly much of a team. Ron Martin can want his nice new stadium bnut no one will want to go there to see rubbish players playing a poor standard of football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (benny the blue @ May 27 2004,12:26)]i have to agree with Cockles and Wiggy on this. Tilson is quite clearly being stopped from offering his best players a decent enough contract to keep them at the club.
How do you know this? You don't.

And who's to say the players coming in won't be a vast improvement on the mediocre players we've had over the last few years?

(Yes, you heard me, mediocre)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 27 2004,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (benny the blue @ May 27 2004,12:26)]i have to agree with Cockles and Wiggy on this. Tilson is quite clearly being stopped from offering his best players a decent enough contract to keep them at the club.
How do you know this? You don't.

And who's to say the players coming in won't be a vast improvement on the mediocre players we've had over the last few years?

(Yes, you heard me, mediocre)
"mediocre" ? you're being too kind !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ron Martin can want his nice new stadium bnut no one will want to go there to see rubbish players playing a poor standard of football.

It's never stopped us before...

A good management team could take 11 people off the street and make them into quality players fit to play div3 footie & I believe we have that in Tilly & Brushy.

Forget connie, cort & maher. Let's bring it on in August 2004.

Back