• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have no idea why people think Oxford are above us. Crap 3 sided ground (are you listening to me Ron) Nothing like the support and love for their club as we all have over so many years.

We are SUFC

Whilst its not the be all and end all I think attendances are usually the best indication of the size of a club. Obviously in this day and age with billionaire sugar daddies turning Chelsea into a 'big club' and Bournemouth sitting in the Premiership its not always straight forward.

That said Oxford are averaging a few hundred more than us this season, and last season averaged about 900 more.

On that basis they are slightly "bigger" than us, but barely.

See now you have awoken me Rigs......Lets get a few facts in the picture here....RM Property developer, done sweet **** all for years in that field ...check his accounts out. RM SUFC..his saving grace....Got a club and ground the fans built for a quick deal with Vic, Lived on the potential outcome of RH for donkey's years.

He has always lived on this dream of moving us to a new ground...(It's a fair comment in some ways these days) but the overall plan was to make him rich.

I have never doubted RM'a long term ambition, but you would be " a fool" if you didn't think it serves his purpose more than ours.

I think most of us would agree on that. The point is who ever come in after Vic would have done so on the basis of the new stadium and the Sainsbury's deal and would have been stitched up by them, just like Bristol Rovers were. Both clubs have been delayed for a decade had to find an alternative option for a new stadium.

If it wasn't Ron it would be someone else and what if that someone was a lot worse. Because right now as it stands if Ron was to sell, then any new owner could build a basic Col U type stadium and would be free to sell of the rest of FF to a developer and sell RH to Weston homes and make some real easy money and leave us completely in the s***

For what its worth I don't think for one second Ron thought it would take this long and I feel the club and the unofficial responsibility has grown on him. So for now we are stuck with him and he is stuck with us. But from where we stand at this moment and looking around at the fast changing mad world of football I don't think that's a bad thing.

Oxford have achieved more than us in their short league history. We score a few more points over them in the fact we have never been relegated from the Football League and have been a league side for much longer.
Attendance wise they are slightly ahead of us at the moment when you count just home fans. Overall average attendance is higher due to more away fans. They do take more fans to away games than us as well.
They may have a 3 sided ground but I bet it brings in loads more revenue than Roots Hall. As for atmosphere I have heard them make a bit of noise, but must admit on recent visits they have been pretty quiet.

I'm not sure they are any less passionate about their club than we are.

We've never had the word WANG on the front of our shirts either.

David-Langan-and-Ray-Houg-011.jpg

I'll leave others to judge whether that is a good thing or not.

I think most of us would agree on that. The point is who ever come in after Vic would have done so on the basis of the new stadium and the Sainsbury's deal and would have been stitched up by them, just like Bristol Rovers were. Both clubs have been delayed for a decade had to find an alternative option for a new stadium.

If it wasn't Ron it would be someone else and what if that someone was a lot worse. Because right now as it stands if Ron was to sell, then any new owner could build a basic Col U type stadium and would be free to sell of the rest of FF to a developer and sell RH to Weston homes and make some real easy money and leave us completely in the s***

As much as Ive been displeased with the mess we have been dragged through the past decade this is true. Ive always said it but whist Ron is in it for the money as is expected he does actually have the club's interest in mind too. Even now he could be building a far lesser stadium and probably make more money by doing so.

I think Rigsby you might have been doing all right ,until you just couldnt quite resist the last bit implying dumbness to any body who couldnt believe that not everything in the football world revolves around Money. I appreciate it plays a large part but I wont bore you with the many examples I could recount where players themselves confirm it is not the overriding factor, including players transfers , its like all things in life I suppose, so many different angles play a part

Cricko edited his post otherwise the dumbness remark would have made some sense.

The debt is all RM's played as he does things on paper shifting...You can call all you like "dumb my friend, but sometimes it takes a look in the mirror to see who actually is.

Do you think there is any bank in the land that would back us if we were really that much in debt.

Not only that the term " trading insolvent would of been smacked on us several times"

Ron is nothing more that a master of disguise.

Why do you detest/ hate Ron so much, did he run over your dog or something?

The debt is all RM's played as he does things on paper shifting...You can call all you like "dumb my friend, but sometimes it takes a look in the mirror to see who actually is.

Do you think there is any bank in the land that would back us if we were really that much in debt.

Not only that the term " trading insolvent would of been smacked on us several times"

Ron is nothing more that a master of disguise.

It’s always quite handy if we come across the next Stan Collymore. Ron could choose to wipe the debt with the earnings

Talking about Collymore, has anyone ever been in the Stan Collymore Bar?

I fear if I opened the door, I'm not sure what I'd find in there!

Back