• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Law changes for next season

Handball decisions still down to interpretation and likely a fair few inconsistencies will arise.

Whilst VAR seems to be tailored for the tv viewer.

"What we are looking at particularly in attacking situations is where the player gets a clear unfair advantage by gaining possession or control of the ball, as a result of it making contact with their hand or arm."

WTF? A defender and an attacker going for the same ball. If it hits the attacker's hand it's handball but not if it hits the defender's hand?

With the change to seven subs next season in the NL of which five can be used I have real concerns how it might ruined the flow of some games and be more of a time wasting tactic.

Personally I do not think the option to change half of your outfield players is necessary but my real concern is the frustration that so many late time wasting subs by a manager who’s side holds a narrow lead causes.

Having made this change maybe they should now not allow substitutions to be made in stoppage time as I always find this tactic extremely frustrating as you do not seem to get all of the time back and it spoils the flow of the team trying to equalise. I appreciate this is not a perfect solution but for the few times a team would suffer for a genuine injury in stoppage time it may be a price worth paying.

With the change to seven subs next season in the NL of which five can be used I have real concerns how it might ruined the flow of some games and be more of a time wasting tactic.

Personally I do not think the option to change half of your outfield players is necessary but my real concern is the frustration that so many late time wasting subs by a manager who’s side holds a narrow lead causes.

Having made this change maybe they should now not allow substitutions to be made in stoppage time as I always find this tactic extremely frustrating as you do not seem to get all of the time back and it spoils the flow of the team trying to equalise. I appreciate this is not a perfect solution but for the few times a team would suffer for a genuine injury in stoppage time it may be a price worth paying.

Should be set times when subs can be made. Like every 5 mins. No subs after 85.

Pretty much every league that allows 5 subs still only lets you stop the match 3 times. Hopefully that's how the NL intends to implement it.

no subs allowed after 80 minutes unless genuinely injured, as such that injured player to miss the sides next match .

Have there been rule changes over the "injured" player having to leave the field for 30 seconds if the pyshio tends to him; didn't happen yesterday; or the number of management etc allowed in the technical area?

Have there been rule changes over the "injured" player having to leave the field for 30 seconds if the pyshio tends to him; didn't happen yesterday; or the number of management etc allowed in the technical area?

I don't think player needs to leave the field of play if his opponent is booked in the challenge that injury occurs. Been that way for a season or 2. Hopefully @Mick can clarify

Back