• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest on Brighton 606

Right...You are complaining because one of your fans tried to get onto the pitch, quite clearly demonstrated by his leg being higher than the wall, and was pushed back by a steward. Do you know what stewards are supposed to do? If one of our fans did the same at your 'ground' and one of your stewards pushed him back you'd have no problems and would be telling us it was his (our fans) fault. Do you think maybe you are being a little a bit melodramatic about this, Spartan?

Absolute tosser.Watch when Forster runs over to the corner.about half way along the front of the stand watch A fan get up to celebrate.A single steward in an orange jacket shoves him to the floor.No need for that no matter who you support.I hope an offical complaint has been lodged.

you carry on my foot will be 'lodged' in your back side

The racism, homophobia and abuse of away fans must make you feel so proud of your fellow Southend fans.

Does this board get moderated at all?

I'm glad that dirty queer got put on his arse. But i say one thing, can you imagine the outcry on here if a security bod did that to a southend fan away from home? In fact, i've seen you lot complain about less than that... So just remember that eh!

But in a positive note, i really do hope the dirty dirty Brighton boy has broken his bum. Again.

The racism, homophobia and abuse of away fans must make you feel so proud of your fellow Southend fans.

Trust me, i'd love to moderate you, you ****. Now **** off and play with your little friends from east londonabad.

Absolute tosser.Watch when Forster runs over to the corner.about half way along the front of the stand watch A fan get up to celebrate.A single steward in an orange jacket shoves him to the floor.No need for that no matter who you support.I hope an offical complaint has been lodged.

I see that when watching the goals on the championship sunday morning.

The steward looked really heavy handed with the fan. No need for that, it looked like he floored the guy. Totally out of order if you ask me.

If he was trying to get onto the pitch, there was no need to push him like he did. Are these stewards not taught how to safely restrain people from getting on the pitch?

These stewards think their so big and mighty.

:(

Last edited:

To be fair Giff......when a rival supporter comes on the board with inflammatory comments and is obviously solely intent on lighting the blue touch paper, what do you expect the reaction to be from Southend supporters on here?

As was mentioned there are rival supporters who input very valuable content to these boards on a regular basis and don’t just appear around the time we play them and then vanish for ever.

As for these boards being moderated.....trust me, if any one stepped over the line it would be dealt with in a very prompt manor, I would imagine that the Mods saw the fact that Spartan came on here for one reason only and were happy to give him enough rope to hang himself.

At the end of the day, Blues supporters as just as passionate and protective over there football club as the next supporter.

:peace:

Last edited:
Thankyou Tony.Someone with common sense.
The point of the matter is he SHOULD NOT have been trying to get on the pitch in the first place. We all know the rules regarding pitch invasion and that applys at all clubs not just southend, if the guy fell over maybe he will learn his lesson.

Thankyou Tony.Someone with common sense.

:D Don't think so pal! You'll find that he is someone who frequently incurs the wrath of the board in general.

Like Jersey said, if one of your fans gave every sign of trying to make it on to the pitch then the steward reacted with the intention of preventing it, particularly on what was already a volatile evening. Would he rather have fallen on his arse or been locked up in the cells and charged with affray?

:D Don't think so pal! You'll find that he is someone who frequently incurs the wrath of the board in general.

Like Jersey said, if one of your fans gave every sign of trying to make it on to the pitch then the steward reacted with the intention of preventing it, particularly on what was already a volatile evening. Would he rather have fallen on his arse or been locked up in the cells and charged with affray?

He might have enjoyed summat to do with his arse lol;)

Would he rather have fallen on his arse or been locked up in the cells and charged with affray?

I doubt the Brighton fan would have been charged with affray but almost certainly would have got a three year ban from all football matches. It may have looked a bit heavy handed but at least he can carry on watching his team.

Trying to get on the pitch is clearly wrong, but just for a second think about what J posted - what would our reactions be if this was repeated down at their place?

Southend supporter (possibly a little bit worse for wear) gets shoved on his arse by a Brighton steward for trying to do something he shouldn't be doing.

Let's face it, we WOULD all be up in arms over it. The fan shouldn't have tried to get over the wall, but the steward in question should have dealt with it a lot better.

The fan shouldn't have tried to get over the wall, but the steward in question should have dealt with it a lot better.

Yeah the steward should have let him get over the wall and then get a 3 year ban & a criminal record (if he hasn't already got one). The steward might have done him a favour by not letting him get over the wall in the first place.

It may seem heavy handed but I'm not sure on the rules regarding stewards. The steward did not have much time to react are they are told to stop people getting on the pitch?

Trying to get on the pitch is clearly wrong, but just for a second think about what J posted - what would our reactions be if this was repeated down at their place?

Southend supporter (possibly a little bit worse for wear) gets shoved up the arse by a Brighton steward for trying to do something he shouldn't be doing.

Let's face it, we WOULD all be up in arms over it. The fan shouldn't have tried to get over the wall, but the steward in question should have dealt with it a lot better.

Edited for accuracy ;)

Southend supporter (possibly a little bit worse for wear) gets shoved on his arse by a Brighton steward for trying to do something he shouldn't be doing.

A very balanced post. Not taking either side here but some of your stewards looked eager for bovver when we visited Roots Hall last year. They weren't shy in coming forward when there was a small confrontation either.

The thing is though, the steward has a split second to act on what is one of his prime objectives in his job - keeping supporters off the pitch. Probably was heavy handed, but it's a second's reaction.

It was probably a bit over the top from the steward - the fan could have hurt himself - it's quite a drop from the top of the wall.

But if the fan hadn't of put himself in the position it wouldn't have happened.

Back