• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kightly Contract

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 12 2005,20:10)]I say get rid of Smith and Corbett and keep Kightly.
What the fcuk? What planet are you from?

Jay Smith is one of the best players at the Club, why release him and keep a lightweight unproven player with only a handful of first team appearances?

Still unsure on Corbett, I think he could do a job for us but I suspect he wont get a contract come the end of the season, which, in my eyes, would be a shame but with the likes of Maher, Bentley, Smith (Hopefully), Gower, Pettefer, Guttridge and possibly Nicky I can't see him getting much of a chance with us.

Keep Kightly over Smith, priceless!
laugh.gif

I felt the writing was on the wall for him when his sidekick (Drewenaldo) went.

In my eyes, his been the best of a very bad bunch that have come through our youth team in recent years. To be honest, that doesn't say a lot for him. He looked like he had the potential but his very lightweight which doesn't help at this level of football.

Possibly, if we don't go up he might be given a year to build himself up and really push for a place, seeing as his been unlucky with injuries but if we go up Kightly will be off.

I'd forgotten how he was lead astray by that ****ing donkey. He started off all promising and then apparently turned into mini-Drewe.

So not only did Drewe deprive us of the opportunity to beat Chel$ki (would have made a good double with Man U a few years later), nearly cost us a LDV final when he stupidly got sent off in the semi-final, not to mention nearly relegating us to the conference, he also was responsible for ending the Southend career of the best young player to come out of the Southend area since Peter Taylor!

I'd forgotten how he was lead astray by that ****ing donkey. He started off all promising and then apparently turned into mini-Drewe.
You need to get out more if you have nothing better to do than post on threads from three and a half years ago.

Kightly. Ex Shrimper. Moved.

Smith was far superior to Kightly at the time. Before he got that blood injury from that ****ing Warren Goodhind tit.

Kightly only ever showed potential at Southend, and never got near to the form he is at now. Moronic to look back on these threads and laugh.

Quite funny that LeeSUFC's 100th landmark post was to say that he thought Kightly wasn't upto League 1 standard.

Back