• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Gallen

We're only talking about one match. Scannell and Betsy have both played upfront for us already and can fill in whilst Barnard is suspended.

I know Peterborough is going to be tough anyway, but considering the run we are getting on, I would hate to see Betsy play upfront! If we cannot get anyone in today (and remember we announced Robinson on a Saturday), then I'd play 4-5-1 today. Macca, Grant, JFC in the middle and Moose/Betsy wide.

Not ideal, but away from home against a good side, might be time to 'do a Crewe' and avoid defeat - and get someone in for Tuesday.

I know Peterborough is going to be tough anyway, but considering the run we are getting on, I would hate to see Betsy play upfront! If we cannot get anyone in today (and remember we announced Robinson on a Saturday), then I'd play 4-5-1 today. Macca, Grant, JFC in the middle and Moose/Betsy wide.

Not ideal, but away from home against a good side, might be time to 'do a Crewe' and avoid defeat - and get someone in for Tuesday.

Course, we could always play Barnard up front with Robinson today.

Any chance of a fit Freedman or Laurent for Tuesday?

Course, we could always play Barnard up front with Robinson today.

Any chance of a fit Freedman or Laurent for Tuesday?

Thought Barney was carrying a knock, or have I read Tilson's pre-match wrong? Of course, it is a Saturday and there is always a good chance Barney has a knock!!! :D

I'd expect Barney to start, then Betsy to come on when necessary. Barney looked fairly fit on Tuesday, and went in for a few tackles without seeming to suffer any knocks. I think he's still on that recovery path isn't he?

Not sure what the fuss is about. Stick Betsy upfront - Good football who deserves more football time than he gets in my book.

barnard picked up his fifth yellow against scunny for sumthing stupid and missed today!
still think we'll have someone by 3pm

I thought we'd established that bans for 5 yellows don't kick in till 7 days later so it'll be the Millwall game he misses?

I thought we'd established that bans for 5 yellows don't kick in till 7 days later so it'll be the Millwall game he misses?

I thought they changed it a few years ago that any ban (red or cumulative yellows) takes effect the NEXT game in that competition?

I'm probably wrong, seem to be all the time recently!

EDIT: according to the echo, he IS banned Tuesday and hopes to start today...

I don't think we need anyone - Barney can play today and I think Freedman is expected to be fit for Tuesday otherwise we have got Scannell or Betsy

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back