• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just back in the Door 8:30pm Sunday night

Aberdeen Shrimper

After spending 17 hours on the train this weekend I have just got back from the Oldham game.

Ground - was ok I guess, better in side than out
There fans - were awful.....no atmosphere at all, even quieter than Roots Hall!!!
Ref - what can one say?? ****ing **** ******* tosser.
Oldham - were really poor, no idea up front and an extremely detached defence.
Southend - Looked good although I think Oldham made us look a lot better, Leon was sharp again and looked menacing. Peter Clarke for me was man of the match.....Matt Harold for me was our worse player, always second to the ball, not much get up and go about the lad at the moment. Between the sticks I am starting to favour Collis after Saturdays performance.

Over all Highlight - Whilst waiting for our cab outside the ground, spoke to firstly Ron Martin about the game, then the lads came out of the dressing room and took time to stop and chat with us, Tilly had a chat with me and could not believe that I travel all the way from Aberdeen, he asked to shake my hand and told me that HE appreciated me coming (what a top bloke) Adam Barrett asked if I wanted a pic of him holding the Aberdeen Shrimper flag so I got my nephew to hold it with him (how do I get the pic posted on SZ???...It is a really top pic. Leon had a chat with us and told us that he had agreed terms and conditions with Southend for after the loan period so that is good news if he continues playing the way he is. I was however disappointed at the diet the lads have.......about 10 Pizzas and 5 bags of Fish and chips went on to the coach just before that left and they gorged like they had not eaten for a week. Peter Clarke ran on the coach and grabbed about 5 slices then went back to were his family were so he had some to eat in the car going home…..shocking.

Over All....great weekend

PS - Also met Welsh Shrimper and North Welsh Shrimper for the first time, nice to meet you guys. Hope to see you again.

Good call on the diet of the players.

After that committed ball-breaking performance yesterday Tilson should have ensured they got 10 bags of Somerfields mixed salad, some wafer thin chicken & Ryvita; with Fruit cocktail for dessert & Mineral water all round.....

:finger:
Sorry, only taking the pee.....

Someone help this man out with the picture !

Top boys those Southend lads. Fancy having your photo done with one of the worst players though :p

Good call on the diet of the players.

After that committed ball-breaking performance yesterday Tilson should have ensured they got 10 bags of Somerfields mixed salad, some wafer thin chicken & Ryvita; with Fruit cocktail for dessert & Mineral water all round.....

:finger:
Sorry, only taking the pee.....

It did look good Pizza though and smelt even better........I did shout out to Tilly "is that all for Ricketts" and Tilly was ****ing him self laughing

Great post, Aberdeen Shrimper, but on the subject of the post-match diet, pizza is actually very good for athletes after exercise as it's an extremely good source of energy replacement. Top Premiership players have pizza after matches as well (remember the infamous 'pizzagate' scandal involving Arsenal players and Sir Alex Ferguson?).

Great post, Aberdeen Shrimper, but on the subject of the post-match diet, pizza is actually very good for athletes after exercise as it's an extremely good source of energy replacement. Top Premiership players have pizza after matches as well (remember the infamous 'pizzagate' scandal involving Arsenal players and Sir Alex Ferguson?).

Yeah...............that must be the reason i always fancy a pizza after i have given Mrs Aberdeen Shrimper a good seeing to :)

Someone help this man out with the picture !

Top boys those Southend lads. Fancy having your photo done with one of the worst players though :p

I also have the last 3 mins of the game videoed on my phone.....where is the best place to post that????

It did look good Pizza though and smelt even better........I did shout out to Tilly "is that all for Ricketts" and Tilly was ****ing him self laughing

Lucky that Tilson got the pizzeria before the fat waanker, I can imagine him stuffing the toppings down raw as the guy puts them on the base.

Great commitment to travel down from Scotland, glad the boys put on a show 4 u.:)

Top post AB, I have to say i thought everyone showed fantastic support but to travel all the way from Aberdeen shows superb commitmant. well done mate

Great effort to get to Oldham and back AS,people like you make us a proud club.Even better to see you had contact with Tilly and the boys,that makes it a special trip also.

I've just got back from Spain an hour ago,went out there with 15 chaps to celebrate my 40th.After watching Spurs throw their derby away,many were amazed to watch me jumping around as the Shrimpers went 1 up at "Oldhamup".Huge bar with Mancs,Scousers,Spammers,Boro and Taffs all laughing as i sung "you all live round the corner" at the Spammers,though they didn't care as they won 3-0.

What a weekend,what a birthday,what an amazing away win.

I knew the boys wouldn't let me down while i was away.

Great effort to get to Oldham and back AS,people like you make us a proud club.Even better to see you had contact with Tilly and the boys,that makes it a special trip also.

I've just got back from Spain an hour ago,went out there with 15 chaps to celebrate my 40th.After watching Spurs throw their derby away,many were amazed to watch me jumping around as the Shrimpers went 1 up at "Oldhamup".Huge bar with Mancs,Scousers,Spammers,Boro and Taffs all laughing as i sung "you all live round the corner" at the Spammers,though they didn't care as they won 3-0.

What a weekend,what a birthday,what an amazing away win.

I knew the boys wouldn't let me down while i was away.

Sounds like you had a great 40th mate...............I am 40 in Feb next year, don’t know what to do though, probably just pretend it has not happened :)

Just get on it,when you are obliterated it's so much easier to take:D

It's cause for a celebration without doubt.Get as many mates as you have and go somewhere and take the town over.
I'll be able to remember the day i turned 40;)

Aberdeen shrimper. what a great thread. all of what you just are the reasons why i support southend rather than a prem****e team. sounds like you had a really good game and a top pic of your nephew and AB. also what a great effort you went to, to get to the game. well done mate.

Pizza is the best after game food, great carbs after such a massive work out. Straight after a match is the only time you can eat "what ever you want"

Glad after all that travelling they got a good result for you mate :D Thats fantastic that the players and staff stayed around to chat and get photos after the game - kind of makes it all even more worth it - fair play AS.

How are the players usually after home games just as a matter of interest? flying over for the donny game and would love to meet macca and the other irish lads...hopefully not too busy eating pizza and chips tho to chat :D

PS - Also met Welsh Shrimper and North Welsh Shrimper for the first time, nice to meet you guys. Hope to see you again.

Top post and well summed up!

Yeah it was good to meet you to mate! (I just hope your Nephew didn't put his Celtic top back on for the trip back up lol)

Did you have to wait to long for the other taxi? I managed to make it to the station just before the train left with the other shrimpers and must of made it home just after 8pm! A shame I didn't get the rest of the players autographs for my Nephew but I ended up swapping my program with Welsh shrimpers young lad anyway as his said Matty Harold was his favourite player lol!

Steve

PS - Im defo gonna get Welsh shrimpers flag to represent our (few) fans in Wales lol!

PS - Im defo gonna get Welsh shrimpers flag to represent our (few) fans in Wales lol!

We should coordinate our flags for a future match with the flag of AS in one stand, your welsh one in another, and my irish one in another - roots hall will be all multicultural and lovely then wont it :D

Top post and well summed up!

Yeah it was good to meet you to mate! (I just hope your Nephew didn't put his Celtic top back on for the trip back up lol)

Did you have to wait to long for the other taxi? I managed to make it to the station just before the train left with the other shrimpers and must of made it home just after 8pm! A shame I didn't get the rest of the players autographs for my Nephew but I ended up swapping my program with Welsh shrimpers young lad anyway as his said Matty Harold was his favourite player lol!

Steve

Good on ya Steve,

I hope to see that Flag soon. My nephew wore his Befica home top (he collects football strips, to date has 35 professional football club strips) to wind up the Man U massive whilst travelling through Manchester.

What nice gesture.....you giving your signed programme away good on ya

See you soon Mate

Dave

Back