• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jon Benton

Difference is John is a goal scoring attacking midfielder, something the team has been desperate for for several years. Club unable to exercise option to extend his contract due to embargo and he took offer of regular football.

scored again today…I wonder if (big if) we ever get out of the embargo etc if we would consider buying back…always liked him

I went to the Aveley game yesterday to watch Jon and Matt Rush play.

Good standard of play and the 3-0 Aveley victory was well justified.

Hattrick of assists for Rush and Benton was quality. Also a couple of others in that team that wouldn't look out of place in the VNL.

Fantastic little ground as well, decent main stand and watched the game while supping a chilled draft Strongbow Dark Fruits. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

Was a great strike. Great to see him again and catch up. Mentioned Beau Mcdonald to me playing for Southend today, said he knows him well and is highly rated.

Everything points to him having a pro career in my opinion, everywhere he’s played regularly so far (albeit at a lower level) he has shone. I really think we’ll see him playing in the EFL before too long. He’s got something special about him. Perfectly happy with having kept Oli Coker he is a terrific talent and has great potential but would have been awesome to have kept Benton too.

Back