• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Still. The Unsung Hero

There are many reasons why Justin decided to start the process of putting together a consortium to purchase our club; many we will never ever know. However, one of the reasons I'm sure why he has pursued the purchase is John Still. A proper football man.

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread that pays homage to our John Still

I think many (not all) underestimate the contribution he has made identifying signings for us.
Not to mention the fact he has stayed with us under an embargo for over a year where a lesser person would have switched clubs where they can see their scouting talents acutely sign and make an impact.

John thank you for your continued work and having met you a couple of times I must say what an all round lovely bloke

View attachment 32705
John Still and I are the same age, so we have breathed the same air for a long time.
I think I am right in saying he knows Kev from his Tottenham days, and I assume is close to Darren Currie as well. I have not met him yet but would love to one day soon. Apart from that I think we have a diamond in John . Thank you mate , your hard work will pay dividends this season. COYB, UTB 👍👏🥂🥂🫶👊

John Still and I are the same age, so we have breathed the same air for a long time.
I think I am right in saying he knows Kev from his Tottenham days, and I assume is close to Darren Currie as well. I have not met him yet but would love to one day soon. Apart from that I think we have a diamond in John . Thank you mate , your hard work will pay dividends this season. COYB, UTB 👍👏🥂🥂🫶👊
Hope you get the chance and I’m sure you will to meet him. As I have stated previously in this thread, he is such a nice fellow.

Back