• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Yes and he was quite right to criticise KG-M's "tabloid journalism" smear tactics.

Yes, disgraceful that a potential future Labour leader should be questioned on his warped views that the two aforementioned organizations who would see every Jew on the planet slaughtered and Israel wiped from the map should be considered 'friends'. Mind you, he was quite 'friendly' with another terrorist organization as I recall.

Yes, disgraceful that a potential future Labour leader should be questioned on his warped views that the two aforementioned organizations who would see every Jew on the planet slaughtered and Israel wiped from the map should be considered 'friends'. Mind you, he was quite 'friendly' with another terrorist organization as I recall.

Actually, (and I imagine you didn't see the interview), JC was at pains to point out, (when the interviewer finally let him answer his question fully), that his use of "friends" was merely a fraternal greeting,(ie like "comrade"), when calling on the representatives of Hamas and Hezbolá present, to participate in all-party talks to attempt to resolve the conflict in Israel.He made it quite clear that he was not a supporter of Hamas or Hezbolá as such.

No doubt you'll "recall" that the IRA were also involved in such all-party talks with the GB government before the conflict in NI was resolved.

Who is RC?

Typo for JC!:raspberry:

Actually, (and I imagine you didn't see the interview), JC was at pains to point out, (when the interviewer finally let him answer his question fully), that his use of "friends" was merely a fraternal greeting,(ie like "comrade"), when calling on the representatives of Hamas and Hezbolá present, to participate in all-party talks to attempt to resolve the conflict in Israel.He made it quite clear that he was not a supporter of Hamas or Hezbolá as such.

No doubt you'll "recall" that the IRA were also involved in such all-party talks with the GB government before the conflict in NI was resolved.

Typo for JC!:raspberry:

I can only assume that you have now stooped to the level of apologist for a terrorist apologist. Congratulations, a new low.

I can only assume that you have now stooped to the level of apologist for a terrorist apologist. Congratulations, a new low.

I quite clearly stated that JC did not voice any support for Hamas or Hezbolá.

He merely stated that there would be no resolution of the conflict in Israel unless these two groupings were present at the conference table together with all other interested parties.

Many commentators happen to agree with him (including me).

This was after all how the conflict in NI was eventually resolved,by talking to the IRA and their political wing, Sinn Féin .

Don't you understand English?

I quite clearly stated that JC did not voice any support for Hamas or Hezbolá.

He merely stated that there would be no resolution of the conflict in Israel unless these two groupings were present at the conference table together with all other interested parties.

Many commentators happen to agree with him (including me).

This was after all how the conflict in NI was eventually resolved,by talking to the IRA and their political wing, Sinn Féin .

Don't you understand English?

I'm afraid I have a problem with a man who would make such claims but had no problems with attending Troops Out marches and invited terrorists to the HofP at the height of the troubles. You not having a issue with that fact doesn't surprise me in the least. As to my understanding of English, it's fine, thank you.

It won't make a blind bit of difference,don't the unions block vote? If they want him in then that's what will happen. I personally hope it happens.

Why on earth would you want that? Surely democracy and our parliament deserve a strong main opposition party regardless of who is in the driving seat currently?

It won't make a blind bit of difference,don't the unions block vote? If they want him in then that's what will happen. I personally hope it happens.

He's already got Unite's support and is presumably a shoe-in to hoover up votes from CLP's.But I'd've thought second place to AB would be the most likely outcome.

Saw that earlier, thought it hilarious.:hilarious:

Maybe.But hardly democratic.

Why on earth would you want that? Surely democracy and our parliament deserve a strong main opposition party regardless of who is in the driving seat currently?

Simple really, the union block vote could quite possibly push JC over the line giving Labour it's first truly left wing leader in 30 years. Party policy would lurch radically to the left which would give the electorate a clear choice of preference for future government. JC's vision would spell disaster for this country and see a return of gross union influence. It would put this country back decades.

Simple really, the union block vote could quite possibly push JC over the line giving Labour it's first truly left wing leader in 30 years. Party policy would lurch radically to the left which would give the electorate a clear choice of preference for future government. JC's vision would spell disaster for this country and see a return of gross union influence. It would put this country back decades.

I don't disagree with you assessment of JC, but the UK hasn't had a strong affection for the left wing for years so I couldn't see a JC led party winning the country over. As for Union influence, it looks as if the current incumbent at No 10 and his chums are intending to curb union power to the point where it is toothless - Whilst that may be a good thing from a Tory voters perspective, I don't think it is healthy in terms of non aligned folk. Members of trade Unions are also voters and they don't all have three heads and love causing trouble. The same as it would be bad to have an unopposed left wing government, so it is for a right wing one. No competition leads to dictatorship eventually.

There is no union block vote it's now one member one vote. The individual unions will chose to support a particular candidate in the same way local Labour Party branches will but it is just support they can't dictate how anyone votes any more than they could in a general election.

The Labour Party has the biggest membership of any party in the UK so the readership of the Telegraph is unlikely to impact the vote as only a tiny proportion of them would be stupid enough to take on that option and most would be registered as Tory voters so be rejected.

This will have more impact on how people view the free press than on the leadership vote. Especially in light of this:

'During the general election, the Telegraph took its support for the Conservatives a step further by using its marketing database to urge people to vote Tory via email in a missive signed by the newspaper’s editor, Chris Evans.'

As opposed to Cameron and his chums who want us back to the 1850s.

Wonderful contribution as ever. If you want a man in charge who openly supported Irish terrorists, would price the financial sector out of London costing thousands of jobs, would give huge power to unions that would destroy the economy and create a welfare state that would cripple the rest of us who do work, then sign up and vote for him. Then go house hunting for a nice cave because he would have us back in the Stone Age within five years of power.

Back