• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jason Demetriou

I've nothing bust love and respect for all Demi did in his time with us. Stuck out the hard times, always gave his all, could play anywhere and was a solid 7 out of 10 most games. Now hearing his reasons why he couldn't continue I completely get it and why he would move on.

Thank you Jason, not many players stay at one club beyond 5 years, wish you well in your coaching career going forward.

Kev wanted him to stay as player coach but I think Jason felt he didn’t have another season in him- he could have agreed and then hardly played but he’s not that sort of guy it seems to me. To his credit. Apparently on opportunity may be open for him as coach/manager at an NLS club.

Unfortunately it seems we had not budgeted (at least sufficiently if at all) for him to stay in a coaching only role.

Kev wanted him to stay as player coach but I think Jason felt he didn’t have another season in him- he could have agreed and then hardly played but he’s not that sort of guy it seems to me. To his credit. Apparently on opportunity may be open for him as coach/manager at an NLS club.

Unfortunately it seems we had not budgeted (at least sufficiently if at all) for him to stay in a coaching only role.

And this is where the lack of a under 23/B side or even an academy is doing for JD, as I’ve said before.

I think JD will go on to be an excellent coach, he is a real student of the game, and I hope it’s with us.

This has probably bothered me a lot more than it should have done. But I have to say I think it’s in extremely poor taste there was no official club announcement of JD’s departure. He was here for 8 years and endured a lot of hard times in that period and even filled in as manager. To have gone without so much as a “thanks for your services” is incredibly poor.

I hope it’s just an oversight and I don’t want to come across like I’m slagging anyone off who works at the club behind the scenes as they’re all still stretched to their absolute maximum. I just think this is a shame it went under the radar.

This has probably bothered me a lot more than it should have done. But I have to say I think it’s in extremely poor taste there was no official club announcement of JD’s departure. He was here for 8 years and endured a lot of hard times in that period and even filled in as manager. To have gone without so much as a “thanks for your services” is incredibly poor.

I hope it’s just an oversight and I don’t want to come across like I’m slagging anyone off who works at the club behind the scenes as they’re all still stretched to their absolute maximum. I just think this is a shame it went under the radar.
Thats a fair point. Im not a big fan, but not making some sort of statement isnt cricket.

Last edited:
As I understand it, trained with Chelmsford who would like him to consider a future role while hes also doing some other coaching work. In the meantime very regular discussions have been ongoing with kev and the consortium in respect of keeping him tied to southend in a capacity that helps the coaching team in various ways. This is why nothing's been announced by the club. Believe things are quite close to getting finalised.

As I understand it, trained with Chelmsford who would like him to consider a future role while hes also doing some other coaching work. In the meantime very regular discussions have been ongoing with kev and the consortium in respect of keeping him tied to southend in a capacity that helps the coaching team in various ways. This is why nothing's been announced by the club. Believe things are quite close to getting finalised.
Excellent news, reading other posts I’m looking forward to the day when our default reaction to something which looks bad is ‘ there must be more to this , let’s wait and see’ rather than assuming the club is xxxxing useless ( which in the past was often a fair assumption)

Excellent news, reading other posts I’m looking forward to the day when our default reaction to something which looks bad is ‘ there must be more to this , let’s wait and see’ rather than assuming the club is xxxxing useless ( which in the past was often a fair assumption)
As they say a good point well made. There is a few that need to take on board that the Tar is definitely not being applied by the same old brush!

Back