• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So...two forwards and the midfielder we've been calling for.
Not too shabby but I would have foregone the spurs kid and got a CB in.

We have 5 CB, don't need anymore, unless we offloaded one.

BTW anyone know if Theo has actually gone

I'd have strengthened at centre half.

No-one playing there this season has put in consistent performances and many have been unfit or injured.

Ricky Miller has gone to Mansfield. Evans and Miller together it’s a match made in heaven.

We have 5 CB, don't need anymore, unless we offloaded one.

BTW anyone know if Theo has actually gone

I get the number
Anton...lost physical capability to perform
Turner....injury prone
Kiernan....say no more
Kyp.....ok
White possibly our best CB this season.
I still think a fit mobile CB would be a cherry on the cake

It seems to me that we’ve tried to do enough to keep us up, but with no long term commitments. CP probably planning a clear out in the summer to free up some wages for a few newbies

It seems to me that we’ve tried to do enough to keep us up, but with no long term commitments. CP probably planning a clear out in the summer to free up some wages for a few newbies

Well let's hope Ron has done enough to stave off relegation and let's CP sign some players before August. :winking:

I think ladapo and mantom if they impress could become permanent deals in the summer. Hard to predict what's happening there. Loom.forward to seeing them on Saturday.

Agree with bazzashrimper, a couple of loans and a short term contract with an option for another year looks like enough for this seasons survival campaign and gives us the opportunity to have a rethink and clear out over the summer when there's more time to plan.

Not bad since SCP has only been in post for 8 days!

I think ladapo and mantom if they impress could become permanent deals in the summer. Hard to predict what's happening there. Loom.forward to seeing them on Saturday.

Absolutely - I agree. And maybe the spurs kid too if we are impressed but spurs not so.

What I was meaning is that we’ve not been tied into any longer term commitments. No 2 1/2 year deals for Robinson for example. It can all be re-assessed over the next few months and acted on in the summer. In the meanwhile, we have some players in who will hopefully add a bit of depth to the squad.

Absolutely - I agree. And maybe the spurs kid too if we are impressed but spurs not so.

What I was meaning is that we’ve not been tied into any longer term commitments. No 2 1/2 year deals for Robinson for example. It can all be re-assessed over the next few months and acted on in the summer. In the meanwhile, we have some players in who will hopefully add a bit of depth to the squad.

Needed these new faces no doubt.

Think it's astute management from Powell. His aim is to get us to safety. Bodies up front and replacing Leonard was what was needed. Loans don't worry me. He can start culling and signing at the end of the season and make the side his own then. The aim is pretty simple from his end. 3 points was good on Saturday, 16-20 more is needed.

I get the number
Turner....injury prone
Kiernan....say no more
Kyp.....ok

Yep, I agree with the above.

To me, the spine needed bolstering.

A good, tough tackling central midfielder and a solid centre-half were priority, IMHO and a forward with height would be my 3rd on the list.

The last 9 games we've leaked 20 goals. On those ratios, that's 100+ goals in a season.

As you mention 'Lee', none of our centre-halves are overly fit or even centre-halves as their first choice position in some cases.

I noticed Rory McArdle was on the bench on Saturday, which surprised me. Wondered what his situation is at Scunthorpe.

Overall, I think we have enough to survive anyway and in SCP, a manager who will get the best out of this squad, so I'm not unduly worried, but we do have to tighten the defence, as we aren't going to win every game 3-2.

I get the number
Turner....injury prone
Kiernan....say no more
Kyp.....ok

Disagree

Anton - Though he started the season poorly, I thought over the last few weeks he was starting to get some form back until that howler the other week - however it was no worse that what JD did on Saturday, but he didn't get as much stick as AF!!!
Turner - yeah he missed the start of the season, but since he's come back, he's been available most games
Kiernan - none of us know when he is due back, and if it's not too far away (I admit it's a big if!) then that's another CB available
Kyp - really ok, he was pretty good until his injury and maybe he was rushed back into a team with no confidence
White

However regardless of yours or mines opinion, we currently have 4 available CB, so unless we were going to offload one, there is no point bringing another in - besides it would have only been some youngster, or someone who isn't playing, so what good woudl that be!!

I’m with Jay on this. Turner is getting fitter and is effective at this level, with JW alongside him I don’t think they will let anyone down. Kyprianou is a good young player and Anton will hopefully get a bit fitter. With hard work on the training pitch we have good options especially with the midfield having more bite and the forwards keeping the opposition busy. Kiernan, well let’s hope he can get fit in time to play a part this season and prove his worth.

On that point, does anyone know if he is taking part in training yet?

Back