• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Dec. 21 2005,08:47)]I'd go for Owelemu (poor spelling I know) from Col U Scores goals and is a better in the air than what we have at the moment and The MK dons left back , centre half wise I wouldn't mind futcher (ex Lincoln, based on what I have seen on the previous 2 season , but I don't know how he has been doing at Boston this year)

Outside striker bet, Jamie Slabber........
Oh god No...

I saw him for Brighton a few times and he is truely awful. I know he has hit a rich veign or form but he is only marginally better than Drewe Broughton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StreakyShrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,09:34)]I thought the MK Dons Centre back (with the longish hair) kept our strikers in his pocket most of the game, I'm sure he would love to join a proper club..
We don't want anyone with a mullet, thanks!
cool.gif

I thought he was just a launch-it merchant - the left-back Lewington, on the other hand, yes please. I suspect, however, he is Championship bound at the end of the season. So, the only way we will get him is by getting promoted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,08:34)]I think the fee for Matt Fryatt will be too rich for our blood. Three names for the pot.
James Hayter
Jamie Cureton
Matt Lockwood

Plus a young loan keeper if Barts injury problems continue.
Hayter is quality, I've seen him numerous times at Dean Court and he always looks dangerous. Can't see him leaving them to be homest though as he's local and settled down here. And Bournemouth seem to be getting it together at last this season

It was never going to be long before Matt Lockwood was thrown into the mix, i think he wouldbe surprisingly welcomed with open arms here, wonder if he knows that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Dec. 21 2005,11:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,08:34)]I think the fee for Matt Fryatt will be too rich for our blood. Three names for the pot.
James Hayter
Jamie Cureton
Matt Lockwood

Hayter is quality, I've seen him numerous times at Dean Court and he always looks dangerous. Can't see him leaving them to be homest though as he's local and settled down here. And Bournemouth seem to be getting it together at last this season
He is from Isle of Wight so I am told and cant see him wanting to be to far from that channel crossing for same level of football.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Dec. 21 2005,09:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (StreakyShrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,09:34)]I thought the MK Dons Centre back (with the longish hair) kept our strikers in his pocket most of the game, I'm sure he would love to join a proper club..
We don't want anyone with a mullet, thanks!
cool.gif

I thought he was just a launch-it merchant - the left-back Lewington, on the other hand, yes please. I suspect, however, he is Championship bound at the end of the season. So, the only way we will get him is by getting promoted.
Yes I agree, I hope Tilly will never go for a hoof-ball merchant like him.

If we are still looking to get into the championship, and there's no reason why we shouldn't be, then I think we should be looking at players that can cut it in that division. Perhaps we should be looking at players currently in the Championship that aren't getting a game at the moment but have the experience at that level. Wages could be issue though I suppose. I’m not sure getting players from the conference etc will be able to make it in the championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 21 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Dec. 21 2005,11:03)]
[b said:
James Hayter
Jamie Cureton
Matt Lockwood

He is from Isle of Wight so I am told and cant see him wanting to be to far from that channel crossing for same level of football.

DtS
If he gets homesick he can move to Canvey and relive the crossing every day.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lockwood & Brush don't get on so that could well rule him out but how great it would be if we stole Cureton from Col Ewe. He fits the bill of the striker Tilly's supposed to be monitoring.

we need our players back from injury and a win. then we will be promoted. losing faith in the shrimpers. all you doubters. you smell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Dec. 23 2005,20:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 20 2005,19:21)]We need to make sure JCR's deal goes through too.
No, we really don't!
Are you wiggy,
Are you wiggy,
Are you wiggy in disguise -
Aaaare yoooo wiggggy in DISGUISE?

Back