• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
So people, opinions on who ya think tilly might try and bring in January. Ron's talked about money being available and tilly's also mentioned strengthening the squad is definately required. I tend to agree with a lot of posts on here about che possibly being a weak link, and a centre half with pace would improve the side. However che's had some more solid performances recently, just a shame he gets a nose bleed after crossing the half way line!

We definately need a pacy centre back and a left back as there is no back up for cheese when he gets injured or a ban. We also need a new striker as freddy, wayne, goat and lawson arent exactly proflific at the moment

as others have said a pacy centre back is definately needed as lets be honest neither barrett, spinner or eagle are that quick. Also, once again cover for che is needed and possibly a striker

yeah as i said i think we all tend to agree on the positions that need strengthening but anyone care to throw a few names into it, who could be available etc?
has agogo signed that contract yet?

Reckon we should cash in on freddy while he is still contracted as he could walk for nothing in two years. Think we should go for Grant Holt at Rochdale.

i reckon we need:

cover (squad players):
left back
goalie

1st team players:
centre back (what ever happened to that preseason croatian guy??)
striker for freddy to partner
i still reckon we have room for a quality midfielder

players to go??? i dont think we have a big enough squad to sell anyone really but if funds are tight who knows!?

not who we need, but i think neil harris might be comming to town.

Fallon from swindon is signing a new contract there, so that rules him out, aggogo has signed a new contract at bristol. So i'm thinking we might go for Matt Fryatt at Wallsall.

Hi steve! you printed my shirt at the club shop earlier - good job btw!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Dec. 20 2005,21:43)]So i'm thinking we might go for Matt Fryatt at Wallsall.
No chance. He'll go to a Championship side.

We need a left-back, a centre back and a striker although potential names are eluding me at the moment as all the obvious targets seem to be unavailable.

A QUICK centre back and a new left back, plus, please, a creative central midfielder and a new striker. Names elude me too, but obviously Grant Holt is a long-term target, but I'd like to see us look at Anthony Elding at Stevenage. Skilful guy, and 57 goals in 119 appearances ain't half bad! In terms of central midfielders, not sure, but I like the look of Brian Stock at Bournemouth. Thinking his contract may be up at the end of the season so B'mouth may want to cash in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The_Showstoppa15 @ Dec. 21 2005,01:43)]A QUICK centre back and a new left back, plus, please, a creative central midfielder and a new striker.  Names elude me too, but obviously Grant Holt is a long-term target, but I'd like to see us look at Anthony Elding at Stevenage.  Skilful guy, and 57 goals in 119 appearances ain't half bad!  In terms of central midfielders, not sure, but I like the look of Brian Stock at Bournemouth.  Thinking his contract may be up at the end of the season so B'mouth may want to cash in.
Spot on with Brian Stock - Dont think we would get him but the bloke seems good and seems to score a lot from set plays which is something we have lacked of late...

I think the fee for Matt Fryatt will be too rich for our blood. Three names for the pot.
James Hayter
Jamie Cureton
Matt Lockwood

Plus a young loan keeper if Barts injury problems continue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Dec. 20 2005,20:25)]Reckon we should cash in on freddy while he is still contracted as he could walk for nothing in two years. Think we should go for Grant Holt at Rochdale.
a friend had his hair cut by Freddy's cousin. She said he does not want to move. Heis very happy. He lives on the site opposite the Dick Turpin with wife and kids. When everyone said he was from a gypsy family for some reason I thought they were now settled in a house however they still live in their caravans and good luck to them.

I'd go for Owelemu (poor spelling I know) from Col U Scores goals and is a better in the air than what we have at the moment and The MK dons left back , centre half wise I wouldn't mind futcher (ex Lincoln, based on what I have seen on the previous 2 season , but I don't know how he has been doing at Boston this year)

Outside striker bet, Jamie Slabber........

I don't think we need a pacy centre-back. We've got one. Move Lewis Hunt there and bring in two new full-backs. Full-back is a major weakness for us at the moment. The Bradford game showed that as much as anything. When we're going forward, neither Hunt nor Wilson have the ability to support the attacking players and give us extra bodies and options.

So I'd bring in two new full-backs, a back up keeper to replace the hapless and injury-prone Griemink and a new striker.

I thought the MK Dons Centre back (with the longish hair) kept our strikers in his pocket most of the game, I'm sure he would love to join a proper club..

Back