• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jakub Sokolik Appeal

Agree, but contacting Liverpool to then get an answer is a nightmare unless you know someone with contacts there. A couple of our former player SUEPA members were ex Liverpool so I have messaged them to see if they can help.

Tho in many ways that the total is getting closer thanks to lots of donations mostly from Yeovil, Plymouth, Torquay and Southend fans makes it just seem better. There have been a fantastic 38 different donations in the last three hours taking the total from just over £3,000 to almost £4,000 - many of them I'm sure SZoners.

Yeah it's great fans have stepped up - just seems strange PFA, or his own contacts haven't managed to step up and have instead resorted to gofundme.

Yeah it's great fans have stepped up - just seems strange PFA, or his own contacts haven't managed to step up and have instead resorted to gofundme.
Having had some dealings with the PFA I don't think this is something they would help with - they are certainly wealthy but to be fair to them they have made great strides in the last two years (since the new CEO took over) to beef up their game and do so much more than they did before and in a much more structured way. They are there to support players but really only via player hardship/injuries as a result of the game (as well as help with post game career advice etc) and cannot be there for every appeal.

As for JS's own contacts I do not know and would not want to pry - he may well have tapped them up already, this is the second course of treatment for his son

The Yeovil chairman put in a decent whack to support the campaign, I've brought it to the attention of a few likely souls to see if they can help.

A good point from @Shrimpergonzo re Stan - I have not as yet brought this to his attention so will do that to see if he can help especially via his Twitter army

Thanks to all to date, we are now just above the £4k

We have been in touch with Jakub again today, and both he and his girlfriend Nicola would like to pass on their sincere gratitude for the support given. The picture shown here is them in happier times back in the Spring on a visit to London.

They are overwhelmed with all of the donations so far and messages received from so many different supporters from Southend, Yeovil, Torquay, Plymouth and others.

Their son Jakub Junior remains in hospital and is awaiting a second course of treatment for his leukemia. The appeal at the time of writing now stands at £4,705, so close to the target £6,000 needed, and if you have not yet donated but would like to do so the link you need is: Jakub Junior

Thanks to all SZ'ers! Cheers, Andy

411660909_386639600429580_2262978044968353663_n.jpg

We have been in touch with Jakub again today, and both he and his girlfriend Nicola would like to pass on their sincere gratitude for the support given. The picture shown here is them in happier times back in the Spring on a visit to London.

They are overwhelmed with all of the donations so far and messages received from so many different supporters from Southend, Yeovil, Torquay, Plymouth and others.

Their son Jakub Junior remains in hospital and is awaiting a second course of treatment for his leukemia. The appeal at the time of writing now stands at £4,705, so close to the target £6,000 needed, and if you have not yet donated but would like to do so the link you need is: Jakub Junior

Thanks to all SZ'ers! Cheers, Andy

View attachment 30324

Good to see not just John Egan donating but also the one and only Marek Szmid

To kick the day off with some wonderful overnight news, the target for Jakub's appeal has been reached.

As you can imagine he is overjoyed and has gone to his barbering work this morning I suspect with an extra spring in his step before he sees his son later. His wish now is that Jakub Junior will be allowed out of hospital for Christmas Day. Of course, most important of all is that the treatment needed can now be given.

This is all due in no small part to the power of Shrimperzone - thank you to you all 💙

Jakub has promised to keep us informed of how things go, and we hope that at some point in the future that he and his little family can be our very special match day guests at a future match at Roots Hall.

UTB

Sadly, it seems that Jakub is still experiencing financial difficulties with his son's illness, and has to pay out for more treatment. He had problems trying to work legitimately in the UK which he had hoped to do to earn money to help.

We have tried to help where we can, including contacting the PFA and the Players Foundation, and offered to sell shirts which he decided to sell himself. We've invited him to Roots Hall, which he's declined - I guess he understandably wants to be near his family right now.

Back