• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jakub Sokolik Appeal

Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset

Director⭐⭐🦐
Hello all. There has been something re this on the Ex-Shrimpers part of SZ but I have been given the ok to air this here to hopefully give it a bit more publicity.

I know that there are lots of worthy causes out there and SZ'oners have always been generous (and some will have contributed to this appeal already) but if you are able to help I know it would be so gratefully received by Jakub and his family who I have again been in touch with this morning.

This is the message I have just put out on SUEPA Facebook etc:

Our former player and SUEPA member Jakub Sokolik has been in touch asking for our help in an appeal to help fund treatment for his young two year old son (Jakub Junior) who has acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (a fast developing blood cancer).

Jakub was with us on loan from Liverpool back in 2014 and loved Roots Hall so much that he came back twice more, the last time in 2016 on loan from Yeovil. He subsequently played for Plymouth and Torquay.

Jakub is now back home in his native Czech with his girlfriend Nicola and Jakub Junior. It has been a few months since young Jakub was diagnosed, and he has been undergoing a targeted therapy which uses drugs to attack specific cells. It has been working, but he needs another course of treatment and this treatment costs.

Jakub is doing everything he can to raise money for the treatment, but it is hard. His girlfriend Nicola is eight months pregnant with their second child (a girl, due next month) and is staying in hospital to be with their son. Jakub has retrained as a barber and now has two jobs working all the hours he can, visiting his family every day – some days are good, others not, and the treatment is needed as soon as possible.

So far Jakub’s appeal on GoFundme has raised just over half of the £6,000 target needed and we would dearly love to give his family a big Christmas boost by getting him all the way to that figure. Some of you will have seen the appeal elsewhere on social media already, but if not and you can spare a few pounds to help we know it would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

The link to the appeal is here: Jakub Junior

It's weird - not a huge sum he's looking for - you'd think the current Liverpool squad could donate 1 minute of wages or something and cover that for one of their ex players.
Agree, but contacting Liverpool to then get an answer is a nightmare unless you know someone with contacts there. A couple of our former player SUEPA members were ex Liverpool so I have messaged them to see if they can help.

Tho in many ways that the total is getting closer thanks to lots of donations mostly from Yeovil, Plymouth, Torquay and Southend fans makes it just seem better. There have been a fantastic 38 different donations in the last three hours taking the total from just over £3,000 to almost £4,000 - many of them I'm sure SZoners.

Agree, but contacting Liverpool to then get an answer is a nightmare unless you know someone with contacts there. A couple of our former player SUEPA members were ex Liverpool so I have messaged them to see if they can help.

Tho in many ways that the total is getting closer thanks to lots of donations mostly from Yeovil, Plymouth, Torquay and Southend fans makes it just seem better. There have been a fantastic 38 different donations in the last three hours taking the total from just over £3,000 to almost £4,000 - many of them I'm sure SZoners.
Stan has been really helpful with these kind of things before and is an ex-Liverpool player too

Back