• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this is the worst team we've ever had?

Agreed Molesley's team was the worst, the biggest problem for Kev is we all thought that this season we'd have a real good chance of promotion and getting back into the league and it seems to have fallen apart very quickly, in charge since Oct 21 and this is in my opinion his first real test, and hope he comes through it
So is the problem the fans expectations are/were unrealistic and it's the fans that need to adjust whilst the 3 amigos rebuild?

Fans expectations seem to have shifted from play offs/ promotion push to rebuilding this season, think that was a reasonable expectation after last season. Kev looks like he's got nothing left to give after last 3 years and yet he's got to rebuild now and next transfer window will be crucial

Right now we are in a massive transitional period but something feels very rotten to me ATM

Recruitment is certainly not what the previous model was in the last 2 windows that we could trade in.

Gubbins, Wind, Keenan are the only signings that (to me) have maintained that recruitment process in being players that seem to be on an upward trajectory

Walker, Moncur and Bonne all feel like massive paycheck collectors and to me, they feel like a massive weight on our shoulders, especially when they play badly. We've had this before and it can very crippling.

Hillson, Pebble and Foran are all panic signings due to injury and lack of depth so can't really criticise then as these types of signings are needed.

We need fighters who want to play in the EFL by getting there with us

That’s incredibly harsh on Walker.

Walker will be a good signing. He scored goals in pre-season, developed a good understanding with Cards, then got injured and lost Cards. Scored minutes into his return at Wealdstone and drew two good saves from the keeper on Saturday. He will be fine.

Moncur, whilst undoubtedly a technically gifted footballer, and probably the most so in the entire squad, hasn’t done it for me. For a creative midfielder to have one assist, for Gus at Oldham, and zero goals so far is incredibly disappointing. I wouldn’t class him as a wage collector, as most of his wage is paid by Orient anyways. He came here as he wants to play football.

Bonne, obviously hasn’t hit the ground running and was a passenger on Saturday. Those that did the Roots Hall Run on Saturday ran more at Roots Hall then he did.

I wouldn’t class Pepple, Hillson & Foran as panic signings, more signings to fill gaps in the squad. Foran was someone we monitored over the summer before Bromley signed him.

What makes me laugh is I’ve said how our recruitment process normally works, with DD, making sure they are the right character and ticking those boxes and I got mocked for it by numerous posters. People said we should “gamble” more, take risks on who we bring in. The grass isn’t always greener is it…

That’s incredibly harsh on Walker.

Walker will be a good signing. He scored goals in pre-season, developed a good understanding with Cards, then got injured and lost Cards. Scored minutes into his return at Wealdstone and drew two good saves from the keeper on Saturday. He will be fine.

Moncur, whilst undoubtedly a technically gifted footballer, and probably the most so in the entire squad, hasn’t done it for me. For a creative midfielder to have one assist, for Gus at Oldham, and zero goals so far is incredibly disappointing. I wouldn’t class him as a wage collector, as most of his wage is paid by Orient anyways. He came here as he wants to play football.

Bonne, obviously hasn’t hit the ground running and was a passenger on Saturday. Those that did the Roots Hall Run on Saturday ran more at Roots Hall then he did.

I wouldn’t class Pepple, Hillson & Foran as panic signings, more signings to fill gaps in the squad. Foran was someone we monitored over the summer before Bromley signed him.

What makes me laugh is I’ve said how our recruitment process normally works, with Those words are banned, making sure they are the right character and ticking those boxes and I got mocked for it by numerous posters. People said we should “gamble” more, take risks on who we bring in. The grass isn’t always greener is it…
Yeah but people don't want THOSE players with FPL experience or THOSE loan players, they want different, better ones. Trouble is we have no idea how someone will fit in til they are here.

Statistically only the second worst, bearen by Brown's superannuated assemblage before he was sacked. However, this bunch could well take over if present run of results continue and we end up in the relegation places over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Back