• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for action?

• Total voters
OK

Whilst Questions seem to be considered by some a soft option, I propose to start the ball rolling with the following email to Ron (once I get his email address) , obviously if the concensus is that its a **** idea , waste of time etc then I may revise my choice.

>>Dear Mr Martin

[B]As you are probably aware , in recent weeks there has been growing disquiet on social media on the situation the clubs finds itself in.[/B]

The disquiet isn't in recent weeks, nor is it safe to assume that the concern is strictly limited to social media....suggest to replace.

Obviously these have been triggered by the on field performances , but the matter of the off field situation soon raises its head.

Again for some those concerns have always been there.

I was wondering if you would be able to take a couple of moments just to answer a few basic questions regarding this.

What is the current position regarding the Planning permission for the new stadium ?
What are the anticipated timelines for completion ?
Are Sainsbury likely to call in the loan to the SUFC associated company ?
In the proposed FF development, are there any provisions to clear SUFC’s rapidly increasing debt, will any proportion of the future earnings for FF be passed to SUFC and are there any non matchday revenue streams for the Club ?

Whilst I appreciate that there are issues which may be considered to be share price sensitive for some of the business partners , Namely British Land, I would appreciate it if you could spare the time to respond to these concerns.

Many Thanks <<<

I have kept the questions fairly brief , but should there be answers , any further action taken by supporters can then be based around know facts . If there isn't an answer then the starting point has been established.

I will be copying in the Trust Chairman , for a couple of reasons, Courtesy being the prime one .

So , disregarding the potential for it being a total waste of time, what is the verdict ?

If we all sent in a pre agreed email, then this is a good idea Have highlighted the bits that I personally think need changing but it's a start.

Spot on that man! This thread is nothing more than "we're losing games, sack the Chairman" - not a jot of this when our form on the field was good. When we had a massive squad in our promotion season, I questioned how we were affording it and no one cared - don't start whinging about the £15m debt now - it's always been there.

I don't understand why, at a time when the club needs fans support the most, they attack it. Get behind your f****** team.

That's complete bobbins.

The whole stadium saga has been going on for years and whilst what happens on the pitch distracts from our long term future it's merely a short term distraction.

You say get behind the team, but the team is more than the 11 players on the pitch.

Without us the fans there is no club. Without the clubs future development there is no pot of gold for Ronald.

In my eyes we shouldn't damage the club by not going but that doesn't mean we should ignore our role in the structure of it.

That's complete bobbins.

The whole stadium saga has been going on for years and whilst what happens on the pitch distracts from our long term future it's merely a short term distraction.

You say get behind the team, but the team is more than the 11 players on the pitch.

Without us the fans there is no club. Without the clubs future development there is no pot of gold for Ronald.

In my eyes we shouldn't damage the club by not going but that doesn't mean we should ignore our role in the structure of it.

It's anything but complete bobbins. In our promotion season, there was none of this. The major issue for zoners was how bad it was having Barry Corr playing up front. The lack of a stadium and the clubs debt was exactly the same, but no one cared at that point.

Reverse our fortunes on the field and everyone wants to protest. They just aren't clear what about. Half the problem with this club is our fans.

If we all sent in a pre agreed email, then this is a good idea Have highlighted the bits that I personally think need changing but it's a start.

What do you suggest its replaced with ?

BTW there is nothing in the original text which suggests that the disquiet is strictly limited to social media, just that is where it is visible
Also , I thought the phrase "raises its head" did indicate that the concerns have always been there, but obviously any suggestions to improve the syntax would assist

It's anything but complete bobbins. In our promotion season, there was none of this. The major issue for zoners was how bad it was having Barry Corr playing up front. The lack of a stadium and the clubs debt was exactly the same, but no one cared at that point.

Reverse our fortunes on the field and everyone wants to protest. They just aren't clear what about. Half the problem with this club is our fans.

It's not a case of the team is doing bad 'sack the chairman' at all.

When the team does well it just papers over the cracks.

The absolute truth is that Southend United have had plans for a new stadium for THREE DECADES.

Nothing but plastic models have evolved.

There is no argument at all - it is a fact. Plastic models and fantasy. That is it. 30 years.

Nobody can argue otherwise.

The absolute truth is that Southend United have had plans for a new stadium for THREE DECADES.

Nothing but plastic models have evolved.

There is no argument at all - it is a fact. Plastic models and fantasy. That is it. 30 years.

Nobody can argue otherwise.

Very true. For what it's worth, I've never doubted the commitment is there. However our financial position, our dependency on third parties, planning rules, and certainly the financial crash of 2007-8 make this a nightmare of a project to deliver.

Very true. For what it's worth, I've never doubted the commitment is there. However our financial position, our dependency on third parties, planning rules, and certainly the financial crash of 2007-8 make this a nightmare of a project to deliver.

The single biggest issue preventing progress is our Chairman - he has so much staked personally in this deal, that he will desperately cling on until he can push through some form of mixed used development at FF, or, more likely, go down in flames trying (taking us down in the process).

The single biggest issue preventing progress is our Chairman - he has so much staked personally in this deal, that he will desperately cling on until he can push through some form of mixed used development at FF, or, more likely, go down in flames trying (taking us down in the process).

Maybe, but the biggest single asset we have is also our Chairman. He owns all the assets including the current ground and he is the only person stopping the £15m debt being called in. If he got hit by a bus tomorrow, we would be in a LOT of trouble.

BTW there is nothing in the original text which suggests that the disquiet is strictly limited to social media, just that is where it is visible
Also , I thought the phrase "raises its head" did indicate that the concerns have always been there, but obviously any suggestions to improve the syntax would assist

I've only changed the top bit....not sure if its better!

Dear Mr Martin

As you are probably aware , there is disquiet amongst fans (visible on social media) and reasonable concerns in regard to both the financial status of the club or lack of a new stadium.

Thee fact that there is still no new Stadium in sight and no news or regular updates from the club or yourself on the project or your intentions to protect the club from what appear to be substantial and unsustainable year on year losses.

As I'm sure you will understand fans are worried.

I was wondering therefore if you would be able to take a couple of moments just to answer a few basic questions regarding this.

What is the current position regarding the Planning permission for the new stadium ?
What are the anticipated timelines for completion ?
Are Sainsbury likely to call in the loan to the SUFC associated company ?
In the proposed FF development, are there any provisions to clear SUFC&#8217;s rapidly increasing debt, will any proportion of the future earnings for FF be passed to SUFC and are there any non matchday revenue streams for the Club ?

Whilst I appreciate that there are issues which may be considered to be share price sensitive for some of the business partners , Namely British Land, I would appreciate it if you could spare the time to respond to these concerns.

Many Thanks <<<

It's anything but complete bobbins.

Er, nah Tommy was right, it is codswallop.

In our promotion season, there was none of this. The major issue for zoners was how bad it was having Barry Corr playing up front. The lack of a stadium and the clubs debt was exactly the same, but no one cared at that point.

I've personally been questioning the regime since 2008/9ish. I knew plenty others who've done the same. The on-field success merely papered over the cracks, for a brief moment. But rest assured, that the cracks are still well and truly there.

You're being disingenuous here. Plenty of people are clear on the facts. Under Martin's mismanagement, we're a sinking stone. His egomaniacal greed, is ultimately holding up our potential success of moving forward. Why is that so hard to grasp? If Martin offered a slice of the pie, to external investors (and therefore loses a slice of his profits) then someone with deep(er) pockets can help facilitate the clubs move, plus the completion of Ron World.

Oh & You're spot on. Half the problem, is our apathetic fans.

Can't remember who mentioned it, but someone said that the only way to force this mans hand, was to hit him where it hurt. His pocket. Forget Trusts & questions, the man only understands cash.

Maybe, but the biggest single asset we have is also our Chairman. He owns all the assets including the current ground and he is the only person stopping the £15m debt being called in. If he got hit by a bus tomorrow, we would be in a LOT of trouble.

No, the biggest asset this club has, are us, the fans. Without us, there is no football club.

No, the biggest asset this club has, are us, the fans. Without us, there is no football club.

There's some truth in this. But we don't have £15m to clear the debt plus another £100m (or whatever it costs) to build a stadium.

Sorry, but SUFC have not had any tangible assets of note since VJ spent two years over inflating their value so he report a profit and therefore make it easier to sell the club to cover the mounting debts and the increasing interest costs.
RM then promptly revalued them to nearer the true value and sold them to a holding company, this is where the seeds of dislike for RM were sowed in many as the feeling at the time was that RM has bought the assets from the club on the cheap.

Ron may well reply that anyone could have attended the open days with BL and his good self on hand to answer your questions. Regards non match revenue their will be a hotel on site.

Has anyone actually contacted their local councillor and asked what his views are on the project. My one, Ron Woodley, was very positive but the biggest hurdle is that the high street retailers are against it for there own obvious interest. Part of the project, new training ground and parking etc falls on Rochford councils patch and from what I'm told they are not to keen because they like to say NO and they can.

Unless you attended the open day and have spoke to your council why are you whinging and demanding Ron out. Some of the levels of ignorance on here is astounding. Ron can't grant himself planning permission....That is down to the council, so ask yourself what are you doing about that.

By the way BL pulling out is only a rumour and nothing has been confirmed yet. Maybe if fans and council alike acted a bit more positive then we might get somewhere. It would be a lot harder to get elected to Scunthorpe council if your campaigned was NO to a new stadium.

Sorry, but SUFC have not had any tangible assets of note since VJ spent two years over inflating their value so he report a profit and therefore make it easier to sell the club to cover the mounting debts and the increasing interest costs.
RM then promptly revalued them to nearer the true value and sold them to a holding company, this is where the seeds of dislike for RM were sowed in many as the feeling at the time was that RM has bought the assets from the club on the cheap.

OK. Maybe 'asset' is the wrong word. What I mean is that this club can't exist without Ron at the moment.

Ron may well reply that anyone could have attended the open days with BL and his good self on hand to answer your questions. Regards non match revenue their will be a hotel on site.

Neither Ron or British Land were at the exhibition IIRC. Think the club were represented by Kavanagh and Danny Macklin, and I think Powerhaus were there but I remember asking a few questions and not getting much in the way of satisfactory responses.

Spot on that man! This thread is nothing more than "we're losing games, sack the Chairman" - not a jot of this when our form on the field was good. When we had a massive squad in our promotion season, I questioned how we were affording it and no one cared - don't start whinging about the £15m debt now - it's always been there.

I don't understand why, at a time when the club needs fans support the most, they attack it. Get behind your f****** team.

Indeed. Ironically if more money was spent (that we don't have) on the squad and better players were achieving better results this thread wouldn't exist, even though that would arguably be an even worse position for the Club to be in.

Has anyone actually contacted their local councillor and asked what his views are on the project. My one, Ron Woodley, was very positive but the biggest hurdle is that the high street retailers are against it for there own obvious interest. Part of the project, new training ground and parking etc falls on Rochford councils patch and from what I'm told they are not to keen because they like to say NO and they can.

Unless you attended the open day and have spoke to your council why are you whinging and demanding Ron out. Some of the levels of ignorance on here is astounding. Ron can't grant himself planning permission....That is down to the council, so ask yourself what are you doing about that.

By the way BL pulling out is only a rumour and nothing has been confirmed yet. Maybe if fans and council alike acted a bit more positive then we might get somewhere. It would be a lot harder to get elected to Scunthorpe council if your campaigned was NO to a new stadium.

The open day was some while ago , yet we are all still none the wiser
There has been nothing to indicate that the income from the hotel will go to SUFC , just that there will be a hotel on site.
No one is demanding Ron out, at least I am not.

Granting planning permission isn't the issue, applying for it and then building once it has been received is, We had permission for FF version 1 and it didn't get built, no end of sidling up to councillors would have got that done, now that's expired .
I am fully aware that BL pulling out is only a rumour , hence the comment about Share price sensitive information.

I am all for a positive attitude, but blind positive attitudes base on nothing but conjecture can be equally as destructive and negative attitudes based on conjecture.
Positivity will follow on from positive news

Ron may well reply that anyone could have attended the open days with BL and his good self on hand to answer your questions.

The problem with all the Q&A sessions were, you had too many people asking stupid ****, like, why Johnny Herd wasn't in the team.

Back