• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iPhone or Blackberry?

What's best?

• Total voters
I have both. iPhone for personal and BB for work.

Dependant on how you plane to use the device. The iPhone is brilliant on things like surfing the net, storing your films\music, finding your way around places you dont know, and using lots of awesome add-on apps.

However, if you want the phone to be "a phone", or texting\e-mail device, I would go for the BB insstead as the iPhone isn't the greatest a doing "phone stuff"

Aren't you just lucky . Give you a tenner for your BB ;)

yep i charge mine every night and on my work computer. the killer is long train journeys when you don't have a plug... i'll get a two hour film out of it and then it's dead.

Yeah for constant use its rubbish.

I saw a battery extender gadget in a magazine that is a cover and doubles the battery life, might be worth a look.

Cheers Guys, I've ordered my iPhone now after deciding that I probably want a bit more from it than just being a text/email service and I'm not overly bothered about battery life.

You probably have a Samsung TV and figured that their phones were probably as good? :D

No, my dad worships Sony TVs and it would be treason to get any other TV. I had another Samsung phone (D500 since it was released) and I heard great reviews of the Samsung Tocco Lite.

No, my dad worships Sony TVs and it would be treason to get any other TV. I had another Samsung phone (D500 since it was released) and I heard great reviews of the Samsung Tocco Lite.

It was a conspiracy to make you buy a crap phone. Dont you feel cheated in life sometimes?

Yep, doesn't look the most reliable I've ever seen.....

ebay-motivator.jpg
http://www.lolmotivators.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ebay-motivator.jpg

Where is the cheapest place to get a blackberry curve 8900?

Last edited:
I've had both and it depends what you want it for.

As a journalist, the Blackberry is everything you could ask for. Emails and texts are easily to read and write, its convenient, instant and reliable. I even think I could knock out 500 words on the keypad if I had to.

The iPhone's email is rubbish, it only picks up every ten minutes. The keypad is awful, unless you've got a pianists fingers anyway. I can't get through a single word without one of my sausage fingers crushing two keys at the same time. The phone is **** as well, the volume's all over the place and it feels weird to hold. That said, the Apps are superb, the games are brilliant, the access to the internet is superb and you can play music and podcasts through it.

I went for the iPhone. **** work.

I've had both and it depends what you want it for.

As a journalist, the Blackberry is everything you could ask for. Emails and texts are easily to read and write, its convenient, instant and reliable. I even think I could knock out 500 words on the keypad if I had to.

The iPhone's email is rubbish, it only picks up every ten minutes. The keypad is awful, unless you've got a pianists fingers anyway. I can't get through a single word without one of my sausage fingers crushing two keys at the same time. The phone is **** as well, the volume's all over the place and it feels weird to hold. That said, the Apps are superb, the games are brilliant, the access to the internet is superb and you can play music and podcasts through it.

I went for the iPhone. **** work.

Might have to get a Blackberry when I get a job then :'(

Slipperduke;1100896The iPhone's email is rubbish said:
Not exactly true but the chances of you having either a Yahoo account or an MS Exchange infra you are allowed to use you iPhone with then you are correct.

As the above two give the option to use PUSH mail on an iPhone rather than the standard PULL, which is limited to the Every x minutes rule.

Back