• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Internet at Roots Hall

Usually lack of signal at football is on purpose and could because of bookies not wanting people to bet on things to happen after they happened.

Or could be because there are so many people in a small vicinity.

Or maybe a bit of both

Bizarrely, on a midweek game last season in the East, I can’t load anything on my phone, WhatsApps can’t send, can’t load Twitter or check scores elsewhere. My mate who I sit with can do those things, but the pictures don’t load. However, someone two rows in front was streaming a champions league game on their phone.

Usually lack of signal at football is on purpose and could because of bookies not wanting people to bet on things to happen after they happened.

Or could be because there are so many people in a small vicinity.

Or maybe a bit of both
How can the bookies control the WiFi???

Ive brought this up in the other regeneration thread, my phone goes into 1990's dial up mode once in the stands of RH. I post a selfie of me and the son and it loads on socials like hour and a half later walking down Shakespeare Av.
I think now i'm a seaso, i should be entitled to stadium wifi 🙃

Ive brought this up in the other regeneration thread, my phone goes into 1990's dial up mode once in the stands of RH. I post a selfie of me and the son and it loads on socials like hour and a half later walking down Shakespeare Av.
I think now i'm a seaso, i should be entitled to stadium wifi 🙃
I think most would be happy if it took weeks. :Smile2:

I'm on vodaphone & cannot get any signal anywhere in or just outside of Roots Hall.... whereas all my mates on EE who sit around me always get a great signal there.....

In all honesty it depends entirely on wether Venus is in retrograde and if the rainfall in Krakow is above 4mm.

I have been in the west for years now, getting on 17/18 years I make it.

I won’t be able to unlock my phone let alone use the internet and then every 3rd or 4th home game, seemingly dependent on the above I get flawless 5g capable of performing open heart surgery via a robot on the other side of the world.

Absolutely bonkers

I'm on vodaphone & cannot get any signal anywhere in or just outside of Roots Hall.... whereas all my mates on EE who sit around me always get a great signal there.....
I had great coverage from Smarty whilst in the East stand but since going back to O2 it's been painful with not even be able to make a call.

Defo network related. I have an iPhone 15 with sky mobile and get bugger all. My mum who sits next to me and my mate the other side both have older iPhones and are with EE can get a full signal

Think coverage might be supplier related. I’m with Sky which I think is o2 and get sweet fa

Does anyone know if there is a dedicated network for Roots Hall as whenever I enter the West Stand my phone just zones out?
There is - we are still running a dodgy dial up modem that Vic Jobson installed. Unfortunately that was placed in the West Stand Ladies loos, and consequently hasn’t been seen / cleaned / serviced by anyone from the club in an official capacity for 25 years (like the rest of that facility).

Back