• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Then what ?

Its all well and good getting rid of Brown and I do think that it could come after Millwall destroy us Saturday.

Great stuff , but it still leaves us in a complete mess, and unable to sign anybody until January.

Any new manager even Jose mourinho would struggle.

There's good players here just being poorly managed. I don't think we are ****ed until January if a new man comes in. In fact it could be just what they need to reignite some fires in them

Even if our bad form continues I can't see Ron Martin having the balls to out brown before Xmas at the earliest, think this is just a sticky patch and I can still see us finishing half way up the table, we just ain't having much luck of late and when that goes against you it becomes a bit of a habit, let's hope we perform on Saturday against millwal and things improve including our injury problems to:thumbsup:

Then what ?

Its all well and good getting rid of Brown and I do think that it could come after Millwall destroy us Saturday.

Great stuff , but it still leaves us in a complete mess, and unable to sign anybody until January.

Any new manager even Jose mourinho would struggle.

Southend have sacked manager Steve WignallPhil Brown after a disappointing run of results.

WignallBrown took over in April 2013 but has won just sixfour of his last 23 games in charge and the club are lying third bottom of Division ThreeLeague Two

"The results throughout the period of Mr WignallBrown's management have been poor," Southend chairman Ron Martin said on the club's website.

"The board have been patient, and whilst I have listened to Mr WignallBrown's reasoning I did not see the passion in his eyes.

"I am sure Steve WignallPhil Brown was committed to the club's success, however, if the season continues over the next month as it has over the past three months then this year will be effectively over.

"The board consider it prudent to act now and breathe new life into what we consider a good squad of players but which in our view has lacked the motivation to achieve consistently good performances."

David Webb has taken over as caretaker-manager and will be in charge of the squad for the LDV Vans tie at Swansea on Tuesday.

Even if our bad form continues I can't see Ron Martin having the balls to out brown before Xmas at the earliest, think this is just a sticky patch and I can still see us finishing half way up the table, we just ain't having much luck of late and when that goes against you it becomes a bit of a habit, let's hope we perform on Saturday against millwal and things improve including our injury problems to:thumbsup:

9 months is not a sticky patch

That's the spirit 541, onwards and upwards.......and soon please :thumbsup:

Xmas, dear god no, we will be so adrift by then it might be to late. The man has to go, and soon.

I'd really like to see an attack minded manager come in and get so e swagger in the side. I've never seen such a negative team. We will probably set up to try and defend and nick a win again Saturday. We have to attack , but we won't.

Kenny jacket would be a great replacement imho.

I'd really like to see an attack minded manager come in and get so e swagger in the side. I've never seen such a negative team. We will probably set up to try and defend and nick a win again Saturday. We have to attack , but we won't.

Kenny jacket would be a great replacement imho.
Even Kenny's jacket would do a better jobthan the current lot!:hilarious::blush:

I'd really like to see an attack minded manager come in and get so e swagger in the side. I've never seen such a negative team. We will probably set up to try and defend and nick a win again Saturday. We have to attack , but we won't. Kenny jacket would be a great replacement imho.
I think we play defensive football because that was Phill Browns trade, that bring a right back. He is doing what he knows and that is playing as a defender.If Mr Brown was to move on then I think we should take on a more attacking minded manager.At the end of the day, Phill is doing what he knows best, and that is, when we go infront, to defend the lead. Not good.SNR.

I don't think Phil will resign and I'm not sure the club can afford to sack him.

Rubbish, no club would skint themselves giving a contract they could not get out of. Not sure what the average shelf life is of a league manager but it cant be longer than 18 months.

Brown was out of work (for quite a while) when we appointed him. He was hardly in any position to negotiate a fantastic deal.

Jackett's a fantastic coach and a smart man. He won't touch us with a bargepole.

We might be able to tempt Powell. It depends whether he's happy enough at Derby, or harbours hopes of a swift return to management.

The usual names will be banded about. Holloway would be a disastrous appointment.

Knowing Ron's penchant for a big name, an interesting shout would be Nigel Adkins.

Jackett's a fantastic coach and a smart man. He won't touch us with a bargepole.

We might be able to tempt Powell. It depends whether he's happy enough at Derby, or harbours hopes of a swift return to management.

The usual names will be banded about. Holloway would be a disastrous appointment.

Knowing Ron's penchant for a big name, an interesting shout would be Nigel Adkins.
I think Chris Powell is just waiting for the axe to fall on Pearson at Derby, and then step into his shoes. Don't forget he also played for the Rams, as well as us.

I would move heaven and earth to get Danny Cowley to break his contract at Lincoln, and get him here pronto.

I think Chris Powell is just waiting for the axe to fall on Pearson at Derby, and then step into his shoes. Don't forget he also played for the Rams, as well as us.

I would move heaven and earth to get Danny Cowley to break his contract at Lincoln, and get him here pronto.

Derby's board want promotion ASAP, and they're getting desperate given that they've just shelled out circa £8m for Vydra. Powell would be a huge gamble for them (and us, in all honesty). He might get three or four games in a caretaker capacity, but unless he won all of those and had the unanimous backing of the dressing room then I can't see them willing to take that punt. The smart money for Derby, if Pearson does get the chop, would be Steve Bruce - a serial promoter of Championship clubs.

Derby's board want promotion ASAP, and they're getting desperate given that they've just shelled out circa £8m for Vydra. Powell would be a huge gamble for them (and us, in all honesty). He might get three or four games in a caretaker capacity, but unless he won all of those and had the unanimous backing of the dressing room then I can't see them willing to take that punt. The smart money for Derby, if Pearson does get the chop, would be Steve Bruce - a serial promoter of Championship clubs.

If PB does go, I wonder how Steve Bruce would fancy a shot at managing us. Nothing like a real footballing challenge is there?

Back