• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home kit 2023/24 - New Shirts Revealed

No. It's taking us back, because someone has the time and money to get it back in on the home shirt, because he likes yellow. Regardless of what those that don't want it think.
No not true. I'm that person.

Kit templates with all different colour schemes thorughout our years has been presented to the club.

Our first colours at Roots Hall - Blue, black and white
Stripes of the 60s
70s - red, royal blue and white
80s - yellow and blue.,

And so on.

All presented to the club and the club and Macron picked. I had no say in the final design! All above board.

On a personal level. I'm chuffed yellow will be bk. If we don’t go bust!

Can’t beat the red white and blue kit from 1977 on the big match at the weekend. Was the first kit I remember. Something similar for a home kit would be fantastic.
in a similar vein - last season Dundee United wore a 40th anniversary replica of their 1983 league winning kit.
Made by Macron as well.
Modelled by ex-Shrimper Charlie Mulgrew

Attachments

• IMG_5783.png
    IMG_5783.png
    480.8 KB · Views: 32
No not true. I'm that person.

Kit templates with all different colour schemes thorughout our years has been presented to the club.

Our first colours at Roots Hall - Blue, black and white
Stripes of the 60s
70s - red, royal blue and white
80s - yellow and blue.,

And so on.

All presented to the club and the club and Macron picked. I had no say in the final design! All above board.

On a personal level. I'm chuffed yellow will be bk. If we don’t go bust!
So why was Blue, Blue and White not presented from 2000-2023? Looks a loaded gun to me. They're not going to pick 60s Blue, Black and White stripes. So that leaves a choice of 70s and 80s that you gave them, and they preferred the yellow.

So why was Blue, Blue and White not presented from 2000-2023? Looks a loaded gun to me. They're not going to pick 60s Blue, Black and White stripes. So that leaves a choice of 70s and 80s that you gave them, and they preferred the yellow.
To be precise. The new home kit is blue, WHITE and yellow.

It was, not a loaded gun. I have pages of design templates presetend to the club and Macron.

You think, they just let a random fan pick?

When my main man allows me to share it. I will!

You can't please everyone. What away colour would u have?

It was, not a loaded gun. I have pages of design templates presetend to the club and Macron.

This seems like a really daft thing to be arguing about guys.

I'll be happy if we have a team that runs out in Purple with pink spots at the moment... in any event, it's rare that the fans get to decide anyway. If I'm right, it's only happened twice, in 1967-68, when we wore four other teams kits for the last 4 games of the season; Coventry, WBA, Chelsea and Ipswich after our navy kit was banned by the FA following a complaint by Exeter after a 6-1 defeat for them at the Hall, saying it was too close to the ref's kit (I didn't think the refs wore white shorts, but hey).

There was a poll of the fans and the WBA kit won (apparently) but was so unpopular that there was another poll at the end of that 1968/69 season based on shades of blue (note - Navy wasn't an option).

Perhaps this is something we can ask the new owners to consider? Anyhow, it seems pointless talking about it beforehand to be honest. But I do understand that's it's pre-season and there's not much going on with the club at the moment... I mean, what else is there to discuss?

Red away kit.
Or something a bit different like this, but change the black for blue.
eVQZPpitqcjGUqRWnCP8XK-970-80.jpg.webp

Or a variation of this. With darker blue, and off course our badge and sponsors.
images

Red away kit.
Or something a bit different like this, but change the black for blue.
eVQZPpitqcjGUqRWnCP8XK-970-80.jpg.webp

Or a variation of this. With darker blue, and off course our badge and sponsors.
images
A template very similar to this was presented Macron and Southend.

The colour schemes for this template was

Red , Royal blue and yellow
White, dark blue and yellow
Yellow, dark blue and white
Sky blue, dark blue and white

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine