• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Has kev lost the dressing room?

Question is, will the new owner want to continue with the current Management Team??
Good point. However, if Stan is involved in an advisory capacity in the takeover process, l am sure he would explain the set up and how it was arrived at.

Also, if any new owner wanted a solid start to their tenure, it would be an unnecessary gamble to get rid of a management team that have performed so well under these challenging circumstances all season.

Good point. However, if Stan is involved in an advisory capacity in the takeover process, l am sure he would explain the set up and how it was arrived at.

Also, if any new owner wanted a solid start to their tenure, it would be an unnecessary gamble to get rid of a management team that have performed so well under these challenging circumstances all season.
Stan bringing his considerable experience of business takeovers to the table? Good to see.

Definitely! U can't loose as many games as kev has now and still keep your job! I can understand loosing to top 7 teams but now we are loosing to teams we should be beating at this level! Aldershot,altrincham to name few! Its not good enough and I've said right from the stan collymore selection process they got the managers roll round the wrong way,kev assistant and Darren Currie the boss! We all love a club legend but powell was disposable to.

I wouldn't say he has lost the dressing room, they seem a cohesive unit. But Kev does have a losing streak in his locker. Before Christmas we had one, and last season we totally derailed around the same time. I find it hard to believe when we played Notts at home we matched them completely. But with the same team we look totally lost against the last six teams. Something has happened and we look like we lose our way in thd course of a season.

And here is the latest SZ issue everyone can get all binary about... honestly, after everything that has gone on, anyone who seriously believes what we really need is a change of manager at this moment needs to give their head a wobble.

I think the Lopata thing has really upset the applecart as prior to that there was a siege mentality, the squad were all in it together... and then all of a sudden, they weren't. The fact that we haven't picked up a point since then I don't think is a coincidence.

But the players are here because of Kev et al, he has been the glue that has held them together and still represents the best chance of getting out of this league in my opinion. We know what they can do as some of their performances earlier this season belied the league position... the rest of this season doesn't really matter now, its all about Ron finding a buyer before the summer because he has made it clear the well has run dry as far as funding the club is concerned.
We need some stability, not more change.

I still only blame one man And the sooner he sells up the better it will be for our club .The team is shot to peaces because of him .Keeoing the club in the embargo Kevin and his staff never had a chance .So has he lost the deressing room NO i dont beleve he has Will he still be hear next season who knows .
Is ron picking the team? Is ron motivating the players? Is ron doing the tactics? Is ron preparing the players for games? Did ron not pay the players and they won games? Did ron pay the players and they started to loose games??

As long as people dont get all militant one way or another its a worthy discussion to have.

Same as the tactics question. When kevs style works it works well, no need to throw out the ethos. Its the total lack of any plan b that is the problem.
...........or maybe we just don't have enough decent 'other players' for Plan B? @Chris Powell's mate quoted a very interesting insight from a prem manager. Top players do it week in week out. Players in lower divisions do it sometimes. And the lower the division, the lower the 'sometimes'.

We've just got to patient and forget this season now! we're not going to get into the play-offs and we're not going to get relegated. The way the team is playing and the results are not a true reflection of SUFC, it is a stifled team for many reasons both on and off the pitch. As the future starts to become clearer, hopefully over the summer, the fortunes will turn around. New owners, embargo lifted, new stadium construction underway are the foundations that the club can build on. We may not get out of the NL next season, it might take a few years but at least we will have a team that will be realistically challenging for promotion every year...

...........or maybe we just don't have enough decent 'other players' for Plan B? @Chris Powell's mate quoted a very interesting insight from a prem manager. Top players do it week in week out. Players in lower divisions do it sometimes. And the lower the division, the lower the 'sometimes'.
This is very true. If you added just 3 of Notts County's top performers into our starting eleven (Langstaff, Austin and Rodrigues) we'd be 30 points better off due to their quality and ability to perform consistently over a season.
Resources allowing, it's the football department's job to find those types of players ahead of next season.

Back