• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is more PR than HR. He's not done anything that breaches his contract I imagine but it just looks absolutely terrible.

I do agree that if we weren't having the season we are having, people would not be so angry. But we are. So it's at best a ridiculously stupid thing he's done here and at worst it's downright contempt of the people who pay his wages.
I would say he probably has breached his contract. He is a ambassador for the club, out drinking/ CELEBRATING!!! With the team that just beat Southend Utd hours earlier in his Southend Utd tracksuit.
I’m sure it’s in their contracts that they are a role model for the club and must not do anything that might be unprofessional and disrespectful to Southend Utd. This is that. I’m sorry I know people like playing devils advocate on here, but it’s indefensible.

It says Hornchurch at the end. He is from Romford. Maybe he had a prearranged get together with friends.

I was at the game yesterday too and was as equally as annoyed as everyone else, but maybe we are looking for even more ammunition to bash players with.

I've had a bad day at work before and still gone out. His performances have been shocking, but going out with his mates doesn't make it better or worse for me.
Oh yes it does!
Everyone of 600 plus went home looking and feeling miserable.
But this tit thinks it's OK to leap up and down a few hours later in what looks to be a celebration.
Yeah, I know he probably wasn't, but what's between his ears?
If we boil it down he probably thought: it's a job, and yeah, one of those things we lost, but hey-ho that's the way of the world etc - now get over it fans.
He's a marked man, and if we assume Chris Phillips has seen this too, I would suggest Sol has to act in some form.

i bet DOVER ATHLETIC players and fans are loving this ....

as well as Col U and Orient
i bet DOVER ATHLETIC players and fans are loving this ....

as well as Col U and Orient
It will be really interesting to see Campbell's take on this - what is and what isn't acceptable in his camp etc.

Don't think there would be this reaction if he was any good. As he is fragile and pretty useless most want to hammer him. He was probably celebrating cause we can now concentrate on the League.

Some people on this forum are an embarrassment. The guys gone to catch up with a few friends of which one or two are Dover players.

1 - how can he help someone has decided to share a video like this? Or be aware it’s being filmed
2 - doesn’t even seem to be having a beer
3 - for all we know he could of just arrived to say “hi” and was leaving straight after he hardly looks like his set for the night. Still in tracksuit and hanging back from the crowd.

people just using this as an excuse to scapegoat him. The whole squad are s**te not just this one player. in a world where everyone including many on this forum bang on about mental health you are all quick to turn on this one individual and plan to attack him
Uh...not be in it for starters to the first point.
And if that's hanging back, I'd hate to see him centre stage!
He just happens to be with Dover players and it's being filmed!!!!! What! He's now blind and can't see the phone? Mind you, he can't see his way to a decent performance.

It's the wearing of the Southend top that's the issue.

Anything else is partly defendable, but it's taking the p***, given our season.

This, from someone we basically paid for doing nothing for a year and a bit, whilst nursing him back to fitness.

Who amongst us can honestly say they haven't embarrassed themselves or let people down whilst out drinking in SUFC branded leisure wear?

Blown out of proportion this... but I can’t get my head round how stupid Lennon is to be allowing this to go online. There clearly already is a divide between players and fans and he just made himself public enemy number one. Idiot
Agree with everything but the 'blown out of proportion' bit.
Actually, the footage says it plainly without the need for words.

Would like to see what our dressing room is like after a defeat compared to title winning Chelsea team with JT

According to Mikel, whoever the manager was would also come in and say his piece - but then leave the players in the hands of Terry again after.

A FIGUREHEAD

"The manager would speak and then leave it to JT to carry on. He smashes the whole place up and then we go back out and get the win," Mikel continued.

"What he said, we followed. What he did, we followed. We looked at him for a reaction and we followed.

If we lost a game, we may not speak to each other for a day to show this was not good and tomorrow had to be better," Mikel said in an interview

"We were just so hungry. Did we take it a bit too far? Sometimes, yes, we had to.

"There were people fighting, grabbing round the neck, JT smashing the table and drinks. If we were losing a game you did not want to be in the dressing room."

Trying to keep this from being a personnel attack on the fella, but I compare it to an after match drowning of sorrows in a boozer in Cardiff after one of the LDV defeats and Daryl Flahavan was seen walking past with his wife and child, the latter in a pushchair.

The pub spilled out onto the pavement and started clapping and chanting his name, He waved, but then said the team had let us all down and the team would do better in the future.

For me that is the difference between the class of players at the club in the early 90s and now.

This is one of those things that seems so very wrong but bear in mind that whilst fans support one club and one club only (generally) players don't. They have all played for several teams and know each other through other connections.

So - would this be as bad if we were near the top of the league and had been properly giant killed? Or if we had won, even?

Are we saying that if a team loses then the player must stay at home at all costs and not venture out for a night of fun?

Are we saying that players should never have a post match drink with the opposition (happens all the time in other sports)?

Or is it more to the point that we as fans are hurting to the core and it doesn't appear like the players have the same feelings? Which, bearing in mind it's just a job to them, is not overly surprising.

So, serious question - what's the crime here? As I say, it seems wrong but I can't put my finger on what the issue is (aside from HL being stupid and doing something that has the perception of being awful and has absolutely ****ed off the fan base).
Yeah, pretty much he stays out of the public eye in this manner.
We didn't win; this is not other sports like rugby: and you're right: it doesn't look like players have the same feelings as fans, but they can damn well be respectful, and therefore professional.

At a time when Southend fans wanted someone's head on a stick, he's basically walked up and laid his head down on the guillotine.

I genuinely don't think there's any malice in it, it's just stupid, but I don't think he can ever play for us again.

Trying to keep this from being a personnel attack on the fella, but I compare it to an after match drowning of sorrows in a boozer in Cardiff after one of the LDV defeats and Daryl Flahavan was seen walking past with his wife and child, the latter in a pushchair.

The pub spilled out onto the pavement and started clapping and chanting his name, He waved, but then said the team had let us all down and the team would do better in the future.

For me that is the difference between the class of players at the club in the early 90s and now.

Was he wearing a tracksuit?

Probably lots of people have but we are not players in the club's employment.

We are all ambassadors for the club which is why I conduct myself with quiet dignity when I am drinking outside the Hope Hotel in a pair of Spall shorts and Hi Tec squash.

Not the biggest crime in the world but he is without doubt one of the worst centre backs we've had so if the club use it to push him out I won't shed any tears.

Thick as mince, he could've at least taken Ridgewell out with him.
Ridgewell was there, you can see him in the corner with Sam Mantom selling Charlie to one of them fellas, Nathan Ralph is by the toilets chatting up a young kid who’s ran into use the loo, and millighan is clearly there nicking an old girls wallet as she buys some scampi’s fries ... you’ve all seen em, sack the lot of them .... ohh and Macca is working behind the ramp which means he is moon lighting and also staying up till past 11 on a Friday night before match days ... he’s got to go too

Ridgewell was there, you can see him in the corner with Sam Mantom selling Charlie to one of them fellas, Nathan Ralph is by the toilets chatting up a young kid who’s ran into use the loo, and millighan is clearly there nicking an old girls wallet as she buys some scampi’s fries ... you’ve all seen em, sack the lot of them .... ohh and Macca is working behind the ramp which means he is moon lighting and also staying up till past 11 on a Friday night before match days ... he’s got to go too

Are they Kelman's agents as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back