• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guide to Southampton

Personally I fancy one of the pubs at Ocean Village, nice spot down there overlooking the harbour, if it's a nice day it should be a good spot for a few scoops.

Frog & Frigate sounds like a winner for me

Last edited:
any idea what parking is like?

There is an allocated park and ride just for away fans at the Bursledon junction of the M27, otherwise use city centre parking which is about a 15 minute walk to the stadium, and you would be more welcome in the city pubs, stay away from the pubs in and around St Marys estate.

You can also park at Ocean Village which too is a 15 minute walk and some nice pubs on the water.

With it being a 1pm kick off and on a sunday, aren't we going to struggle to find anywhere to drink before the game?

Most pubs are open from 10am for the game.

Really? Good news.

I think there'll be quite a few Shrimpers (myself included) coming up on the saturday. Have you got any recommendations for things to get up to in Southampton for saturday afternoon and evening?

Really? Good news.

I think there'll be quite a few Shrimpers (myself included) coming up on the saturday. Have you got any recommendations for things to get up to in Southampton for saturday afternoon and evening?

Depends if you are driving or not? For beers I would suggest a tipple or two by the marina if it is sunny. Most of the clubs should be open, depending on your age a likes will determine where you go.

There are also a number of really good live music venues in Southampton if that is your thing.

Depends what you are after really.

Drinking - Above Bar Street
Live Music - Bevois Valley
Prostitutes - Bevois Valley
Marina ( Posh pubs ) - Ocean Village
Slags - Leisure World
Fighting - St Marys or Leisure World

Personally I fancy one of the pubs at Ocean Village, nice spot down there overlooking the harbour, if it's a nice day it should be a good spot for a few scoops.

Frog & Frigate sounds like a winner for me

Not sure if the Frog & Frigate is still there. I know there's been some demolition work down in that area, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it doesn't exactly "overlook the harbour". There are currently two pubs that do that at Ocean Village - Pitcher & Piano and Banana Wharf I think the other one is called.

Not sure if the Frog & Frigate is still there. I know there's been some demolition work down in that area, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it doesn't exactly "overlook the harbour". There are currently two pubs that do that at Ocean Village - Pitcher & Piano and Banana Wharf I think the other one is called.

I went to St Mary's a few seasons ago and drank outside a Tapas bar overlooking the Marina, is that still there?

As late as that.?:confused: :cry:

Well Giddy Bridge on London Road and Standing order on Below Bar Street are open from 9, if you want a real early drink the some around the docks have the "Market Licence" so are open from 8.

I went to St Mary's a few seasons ago and drank outside a Tapas bar overlooking the Marina, is that still there?

Nope, it has gone now, you have Cork and Bottle, or if you want to look over the marina you have Pitcher and Piano or Banana Wharf.

What's the consensus on where the majority of shrimpers are going to be drinking on Sunday?

I was going to opt for Ocean Village but I reckon either the Old Fat Cat or the Square Balloon are a better bet as they're on the way from the rail station.

What are all of of you doing, assuming you're not spivving your tickets to desperate scummers?

What's the consensus on where the majority of shrimpers are going to be drinking on Sunday?

I was going to opt for Ocean Village but I reckon either the Old Fat Cat or the Square Balloon are a better bet as they're on the way from the rail station.

What are all of of you doing, assuming you're not spivving your tickets to desperate scummers?

Also, what are people's plans for Saturday night/Sunday night, presuming you're staying the weekend?

I can't go drinking before the game, but I will be out in Town Quay on Saturday night and somewhere yet to be decided on Sunday night.

Also, what are people's plans for Saturday night/Sunday night, presuming you're staying the weekend?

I can't go drinking before the game, but I will be out in Town Quay on Saturday night and somewhere yet to be decided on Sunday night.

think most are there for the sat night - Its all about reflex apparently, everyone I have spoke to so far is going there

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back