• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GSM

Imagine if he didn't sign a contract in the summer and all we could do was exercise the one year clause we had. He'd have six months on that come January and would go for absolute peanuts.

If you're on of the people that say we should follow the Peterborough model, not including the flops that don't go on to make them a profit, 50% of that model is selling players. Whatever we make, hopefully will go on to find the next gem.

I'm not so sure he'll be gone in January, and for us, that can only be a good thing.
Curious what makes you say that Kay? I’m thinking it’s a near certainty. Can’t think of a player who has put themselves in the shop window more, especially with goalscoring the most rare of players’ talents.

He’s 27 and has never played in the EFL, I imagine if an EFL club came knocking he would snap their hands off. I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest! I would be surprised we were would get offers over £150k though. Whether that is enough for us to accept the offer is another question.

He’s 27 and has never played in the EFL, I imagine if an EFL club came knocking he would snap their hands off. I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest! I would be surprised we were would get offers over £150k though. Whether that is enough for us to accept the offer is another question.

It's more about the sell on tbh. 150k and a 20% sell on and he is gone.

Has a good season on the EFL and sells for 500k and its another 100k in the bank.

We would likely do what we did with cardwell. Not replace his quality

Has a good season on the EFL and sells for 500k and its another 100k in the bank.

Sell on? Nah take the cash now. At his age and having recently watched a L1 game (albeit top of L1) he is nowhere near that standard.

He won't be scoring much for other teams above us, or in the EFL, as he won't have to because they will unlikely play the god awful and clueless football we are meaning GSM has to go for it or we suffer further!

Can’t see him moving just cos his bagging goals, teaand tend to sign full/wing backs for defending qualities, something I think he can lack. Good for us though as I think it’s important we don’t lose any more key players during this season.

Not sure a sell on would be of much value to us. A defender who will be 28 when next season starts is unlikely to be sold for that much by his next club 2-3 years down the line.

Not sure he'll be gone come January - relatively few teams in leagues 1 and 2 want to pay a fee, and not sure he's defensively as good as people think. If he does go, we're probably more at risk of a FGR type scenario. Also he isn't going to score at this rate for ever - he's having the purple patch of his career - so it would be a daft team that bought him expecting 8 goals in 11 games from RWB (or whatever he's got).

Back