• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Grimsby Town v Southend United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we are doing that bad , matching Grimsby around most of the park apart from Sousa who looks the best player on the park .
With a bit of a gamble we could nick a goal here

We desperately need to strengthen the central midfield area. Though we desperately needed to do that a few weeks back and still haven’t. That poor centre midfield is costing us. The rest of the team isn’t too bad. Certainly not good, but not awful.

I would say we needed to do that about three seasons back - hopefully the new management team are prioritising it.

Just another game where Rhys Murphy gets pushed and pulled to the ground at every opportunity and gets nothing yet seems to give away foul after foul for doing the exact same thing.

White was the one player that looked poor against Dover, he's been a good servant for the club but he shouldn't be a starter anymore.

Reactions: RHB
I feel sorry for whoever has to clean Murphy’s shorts. The grass stains from spending most of the game on the floor must be tough to get out.

Sorry OBL, but John White needs to go I’m afraid. Unquestionably the weakest link in the team. Can’t defend, can’t pass, can’t run… absolutely shocking. Nice guy but not up to the job any more. JD not far behind either. If we can get decent replacements for those two and a good box to box driving midfield enforcer we would be a LOT better as a team.
I was thinking the same!
Great pro and will give 100% but feel time has caught up with JW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back