• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update God what a mess

No point in keep slagging off RM he is far too thick skinned and despite his words doesn't give a s#!t about us real supporters or our beloved club.

I feel like I am living under a permanent cloud (the weather doesn't help) but I just feel empty atm, can't even complicate a life without SUFC but it feels inevitable and I just feel so sad 😭

Words and actions sadly won't change anything, RM was never going to listen and as I posted so many times this year, he says what he needs to say to try and save some dignity but its way too late for that, I would love to say what I really feel but I would probably get kicked off here 🤬

For as long as it lasts UTB 💙💙💙

Last edited:
Thank you for starting this thread, Cricko. Something that I have detected in some of the more recent posts in the "For Sale" thread is a greater tone of despondency amongst, naming no names, the more positive and moderate, regular contributors to Shrimperzone, some of whom have largely kept their counsel through the previous 900-odd comments. If even they are now expressing their gravest doubts about the future of the Club through their own comments or "likes" of others' posts, I can only begin to imagine the dilemmas being experienced by the staff of the Club, at all levels, whose livelihoods depend upon its survival. If the trickle of players that have left turns into a stream or if members of senior management decide to call it a day, we are truly done for. Our support for the team and the other employees of the Club must remain as strong and vociferous as our protests against the chairman and majority shareholder.

All that’s left for me is gallows humour. Together with a certain sourness towards all those so so special ITKs who lauded Kimura as saviours who deserved unquestioning faith in their tyre kicking activity.

And don’t bother having a pop at me for my sarcasm.

Ron Martin said and ANNA FIRTH MP confirmed they never had the means to do a deal.
But his confirmed, he has had proof of funds from 3 separate accounts. AF is just saying anything to confirm what RM says!

All that’s left for me is gallows humour. Together with a certain sourness towards all those so so special ITKs who lauded Kimura as saviours who deserved unquestioning faith in their tyre kicking activity.

And don’t bother having a pop at me for my sarcasm.

Ron Martin said and ANNA FIRTH MP confirmed they never had the means to do a deal.
That must obviously be true then, mustn't it!! :Facepalm::Facepalm:I think you will find that people wanted Kimura to be successful to rid us of Ron as soon as possible. The fact that Ron wouldn't even enter into sensible negotiation with them was quite a show stopper.

That must obviously be true then, mustn't it!! :Facepalm::Facepalm:I think you will find that people wanted Kimura to be successful to rid us of Ron as soon as possible. The fact that Ron wouldn't even enter into sensible negotiation with them was quite a show stopper.
Thank god, someone who talks sense!

Fans purchased the ground from administrators. I can’t find for how much, but they also received a £1million grant from a govt community fund to contribute to the purchase price plus £450000 from council for maintenance…..
I think I'm right in saying they were helped by the fact that there's some sort of covenant on Gigg Lane that says it must stay under recreational use. Hence, unlike ourselves, there was no option to turn it into housing.

I think I'm right in saying they were helped by the fact that there's some sort of covenant on Gigg Lane that says it must stay under recreational use. Hence, unlike ourselves, there was no option to turn it into housing.
Our situation isn't that simple. It's only available for housing once FF (or presumably another stadium elsewhere in the borough that can house a football team) is built.

If the club dies (which I don't think we will), although Ron will own both RH and FF, I don't think it's as simple as building houses on both... it will take years because such an application will surely not go unopposed. The city will need to have a stadium of some description somewhere in my opinion.

Back