• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

George Moncur appreciation thread

I think even without the wages conversation if George continues the way he is going and stays fit for the majority of the year EFL clubs will be lining up
I would agree completely, if he continues to show some of the desire and skills on display at Oldham yesterday, but by next summer his age might put most off? He’s not that old but you know what I mean.

Seems to me he’s the type of player that if he’s playing 80/90 mins week in week out he will be fit and huge at this level.

Orient giving him 30 mins every week pointless- which their manager understood. As a player he need to be playing to be fit and firing, and enjoying his football.

My guess is if this season goes as well as it promises to then he will take a haircut for a decent contract and not be greedy.

Surely it's a bit premature for George to have his own "appreciation thread". He has had a fantastic start and is a quality signing for this level but feel an appreciation thread for GSM would be more justified.

Surely it's a bit premature for George to have his own "appreciation thread". He has had a fantastic start and is a quality signing for this level but feel an appreciation thread for GSM would be more justified.
I do get what you're saying to be fair. One injury and several months on the sidelines, we'd look back and say, "What did he do?" However, this place has been so negative for so long, a bit of positivity doesn't go amiss. He has started really well and actually completed 90 mins in two games, something he couldn't do apparently. He now has an assist and is getting fitter all the time. Getting that first goal will really bring in the appreciation.

Last thing we need to do is alert other clubs to GSM, everyone knows that the other clubs don’t have a scouting department and read ShrimperZone and @londonshrimper. Twitter account to get their transfer targets.

For loan or transfer? Because if loan, you'd surely take us for the support, whereas for transfer you would, perhaps, as others have mentioned, 'do a Cardwell' for the money.
I'd imagine it was for the location. He knows what he wants and what he is prepared to sacrifice. I think he is content in the south east and wants to stay in the area. Moving, with all the stress that comes with it, is probably something he doesn't want or need to do. He has the luxury of choosing.

No doubt a quality player but I thought there were a couple of times in the second half on Saturday when Pepple made a half decent run and Moncur could have played him in but chose to turn back and play a safer pass.

Hopefully the understanding between them grows as the season goes on.

Back