• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Gateshead v Southend United, Saturday 25th November 2023, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• David Martin

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morris

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

• Noor Husin

• Oli Coker

• Wes Fonguck

• Daniel Kanu

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Brooklyn Kabongolo

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Jack Wood

• Mauro Valhete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beau Macdonald

• Collin Andeng Ndi

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Win

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we don't let Gateshead faff around like this on Saturday.

as many Chesterfield fans and to an extent Cooke stated on Saturday that hadnt played against a team this season as fit as us and also that press so high up the pitch. Id happily let Gateshead play it around if they want as i guarantee we will win the ball back or force a mistake. We shouldnt fear anyone. yes it will be tough tomorrow but we should be above them in the table so they should fear us equally

Considering our shambolic pre season training, & for the first few games we looked knackered after an hr, that in itself is a glowing testimony of the work management & our players have achieved since then?.
Yep and I’d also say our recruitment policy.

The team Maher inherited was so unathletic: a back five of Demi, White, Coulson, Hobson and, in Ralph’s absence, Clifford/Bridge. Chosing in midfield between Ogogo, Atkinson, Dunne and Ferguson. Up front Murphy and Dalby. So slow, so stiff.

Instead we’ve got Gus who motors up and down that right hand side all day and has a good leap (and long throw) on him. Harry Taylor and his recovery speed. The raw athleticism of Kabongolo. In midfield Noor is incredibly quick over that first yard, Miley another one who had quick feet which let him close down. Fonguck is as lithe as they come. Up front Cardwell is a sprinter and Powell an athlete first and a footballer second.

The only Maher era permanent signing I can think of who isn’t really an athlete is Kensdale. But that’s ok when you’ve got athletes alongside him. See also how Bridge is now flourishing now he’s got teammates who can reach him to help when we switch play.

Blimey. They passed the ball between them so swiftly it was as if the ball was burning hot! Great goal, but isn't it Crewe Alexandra rather than Gateshead....?
Of course it is. Crewe are bound to have a Gateshead Taxi company as shirt sponsors.

Brilliant artwork.

However, wouldn't a Shrimp boat be more appropriate for the Shrimpers? The giant shrimp controlling the coach seems to reflect the extraordinary control that Morecambe FC have over us?

Sorry, I didn't mean to carp about the fab graphic. No doubt someone will put me in my plaice.....
You are of course absolutely right. Will try a fisherman next time might look quite cool but perhaps the coach is the fisherman and bringing along his catch. :Smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back