• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Full English cost

We always go to Poppies at Tarpots for breakfast locally when having it now @Mad Cyril - I assume this was Tasty Bites? We find Poppies a bit cheaper and the food nicer and a much bigger plate full, plus they always allow me to be ultra fussy and put my own choices together!
As you're over my way, have you tried The Enchanted Cafe in Hadleigh (opposite Morrisons) ? Not just the full english, but just a lovely little cafe.

As you're over my way, have you tried The Enchanted Cafe in Hadleigh (opposite Morrisons) ? Not just the full english, but just a lovely little cafe.
No, I can't place that, thought it was the library and the old fire station opposite Morrisons?

No, I can't place that, thought it was the library and the old fire station opposite Morrisons?
It used to be my mate Charlie Cheung's Chinese takeaway. It's the very last place on the left of that block of shops, looking from Morrisons. (It's not quite opposite, probably caused the confusion). It's opposite the shops to the left of Morrisons, looking out.

Last edited:
But then it wouldn’t be an ENGLISH breakfast, maple syrup and pancakes with that?

However, as I am quite happy opting for Scottish or Irish variants, I won’t hold your preferences against you 😀. Everything except fried tomatoes for me.

Best English breakfast over here will set you back £15, or double that for hotel. Local variants for 4 or 5 quid but only recommended for the desperate.

We had a wonderful place called the Flying Pan which opened 24 hours and could soak up everything after a night out and all for under a tenner. Sorely missed.
But I don't want
It used to be my mate Charlie Cheung's Chinese takeaway. It's the very last place on the left of that block of shops, looking from Morrisons. (It's not quite opposite, probably caused the confusion). It's opposite the shops to the left of Morrisons, looking out.
That usedto be a Newsagent many years ago. First building after the old library.

That usedto be a Newsagent many years ago. First building after the old library.
I presume he means the other end. Don't ever remember a Chinese Takeaway near the Crown, but there was one up near the other end by the car lot. A good one too.

Back