• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Full English cost

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐🦐
I popped in for a Full English to a cafe on Benfleet high street this morning. Two excellent sausages, one sheet of thick bacon, fried egg, beans, mushrooms, fried potatoes and toast. Rinsed down with a can of coke.

Maybe I am a bit stingy but I was surprised to be charged £14.20. Granted, they have pretensions above a greasy spoon but I still though that was a bit steep.

I would expect to pay:

Greasy spoon: £7

Poncey arches/Leigh cafe: £12

Hotel/Airport: £18

What do you reckon?

I popped in for a Full English to a cafe on Benfleet high street this morning. Two excellent sausages, one sheet of thick bacon, fried egg, beans, mushrooms, fried potatoes and toast. Rinsed down with a can of coke.

Maybe I am a bit stingy but I was surprised to be charged £14.20. Granted, they have pretensions above a greasy spoon but I still though that was a bit steep.

I would expect to pay:

What do you reckon?

934358d988637d71b972d1169fc14f45.jpg

I would expect to pay:

What do you reckon?
Well over the top C but then the term Full English seems to be a license to over price these days the bastards.

I would expect to pay:

What do you reckon?
Did they not have the price shown up front?

Lots of variations of the full English mine would be egg,bacon,bubble,sausage,fried slice,toms and black pudding with 1 crusty buttered doorstep,heaven.

I would expect to pay:

What do you reckon?
Would have expected 2egg 2 bacon and a bit of black pud . Molo lounge do a large breakfast for almost that (and swap the spuds for toast. But that won’t include the coke.

Perhaps people could post their local full English restaurant / cafe / greasy spoon recommendations.

I’ll start - Hockley Cafe. Food is good, staff welcoming, food big and tasty.

Ditch the toms for beans and the bubble for hash browns and I'm in the seat opposite you.
But then it wouldn’t be an ENGLISH breakfast, maple syrup and pancakes with that?

However, as I am quite happy opting for Scottish or Irish variants, I won’t hold your preferences against you 😀. Everything except fried tomatoes for me.

Best English breakfast over here will set you back £15, or double that for hotel. Local variants for 4 or 5 quid but only recommended for the desperate.

We had a wonderful place called the Flying Pan which opened 24 hours and could soak up everything after a night out and all for under a tenner. Sorely missed.

We always go to Poppies at Tarpots for breakfast locally when having it now @Mad Cyril - I assume this was Tasty Bites? We find Poppies a bit cheaper and the food nicer and a much bigger plate full, plus they always allow me to be ultra fussy and put my own choices together!

Just came home from Croatia, went into Bosnia for the day( It’s beautiful) 2 beers and two panini cost £6.00 in Bosnia same deal in Dubrovnik £ 22.00
It’s the same everywhere I’m afraid , you look at menu and either pay or move onto somewhere else

Just came home from Croatia, went into Bosnia for the day( It’s beautiful) 2 beers and two panini cost £6.00 in Bosnia same deal in Dubrovnik £ 22.00
It’s the same everywhere I’m afraid , you look at menu and either pay or move onto somewhere else
A few years back two cafes au lait in Port Vendres were 10 Euros. The same order was 14 Euros in Collioure. Only ten minutes away but 40% more expensive.

Back