• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Front page news!

just to re-iterate what Napster has already said, Mike has the software to update the front page and the features, but he obviously lives in Spain and has to find the time to do it.
There are stories and features ALREADY written and submitted - be patient, they will come...........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 19 2004,15:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:34)]I remember when this site was the Number 1 for news, oh the decline !

wow.gif
I remember when you were an irritating 13 year old Arsenal fan, but thats all changed now hasn't it?

How old are you now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,15:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:34)]I remember when this site was the Number 1 for news, oh the decline !

wow.gif
I should warn you again, but I can't be arsed.
What warn me for not saying SZ is the number 1 for news anymore ?

Come on Naps u remember a few yrs back this site was booming, mssg board was packed, articles, ex prediction league and up to date match reports and news.
hey-ho.

1) 560 members is way more than we had a few years ago.
2) prediction league is something we are looking at closely
3) up-to-date stuff will happen- with the new season. Last season none of us had the time
4) The message board is packed- yesterday there were 80 people on-line!
5) if you want to pay money towards the server be my guest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:43)]
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif
I remember when you were an irritating 13 year old Arsenal fan, but thats all changed now hasn't it?

How old are you now?
Ah!

A 16 year old irritating Arsenal fan!

Quite right Steve1510, things have changed!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wow.gif

How old are you now?
See, you're now an irritating 16 year old Arsenal fan. Close the door on your way out won't you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,15:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,15:36)]
[b said:

wow.gif
I should warn you again, but I can't be arsed.
What warn me for not saying SZ is the number 1 for news anymore ?

Come on Naps u remember a few yrs back this site was booming, mssg board was packed, articles, ex prediction league and up to date match reports and news.
hey-ho.

1) 560 members is way more than we had a few years ago.
2) prediction league is something we are looking at closely
3) up-to-date stuff will happen- with the new season. Last season none of us had the time
4) The message board is packed- yesterday there were 80 people on-line!
5) if you want to pay money towards the server be my guest.
There are less posts though, i don't want SZ to fail or get worse i really hope it gets better Naps.

ooh by the way, who scooped the Echo on the following:

Che Wilson being offered a contract
Dean Austin joining the youth side
Corbett wanting to stay
Hunt being offered a deal

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:47)]There are less posts though, i don't want SZ to fail or get worse i really hope it gets better Naps.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>If you don&#39;t like it then you know what you can do?&#33;</span>

FM has some valid points, this site isn&#39;t the best for news but it&#39;s strength is the forum. It&#39;s the best SUFC forum by far.

The forum is without doubt the best, and it has a atmosphere and togetherness, my fear is new people will take a look at the frontpage and think naaaaa. That would be a shame.

Further on in the SZ site on the link page is the worrying divide between the new Zone order and Scrivs from the Darkside;-
viz- As its name cunningly
suggests, this is the official website for the Shrimpers. It should be a
primary source of information but the departure of the main website editor
during the summer has meant that the site has once again taken a dip in
standards and is frustratingly slow at divulging the news from Roots Hall.

The on-line ticketing resource is, however, very useful and effective. One
does however have to get used to the proprietary demands of the FLPTV portal
which means that you have to get used to the multitude of offers to throw your
money down the drain on ludicrous betting options or to buy the latest DVD
player.

oooeer
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ May 19 2004,15:33)]You are totally confused&#33;

WS/JS is Westcliff/Javea Shrimper who has moved to Spain.

Dave Scriven (McScriven)has gone to &quot;The otherside&quot;&#33;
biggrin.gif
I may well be totally confused (comes from 25 years supporting the blues&#33;) but in this case I was referring to Mike&#39;s (WS/JS) new column on the official site entitled &quot;fanscene&quot;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 19 2004,16:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ May 19 2004,15:33)]You are totally confused&#33;

biggrin.gif
I may well be totally confused (comes from 25 years supporting the blues&#33;) but in this case I was referring to Mike&#39;s (WS/JS) new column on the official site entitled &quot;fanscene&quot;
Don&#39;t worry we intend to get a regular column on here from Scriven called &quot;darksiders&quot;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,17:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 19 2004,16:55)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Don&#39;t worry we intend to get a regular column on here from Scriven called &quot;darksiders&quot;
Can I be Obi Wan?
biggrin.gif

If i remember correctly, the forum was never really that busy in the pre-season and this year its just got the same amount of threads (but without the irritating polls, match predictions etc...)

Kev

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 19 2004,15:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 19 2004,15:34)]I remember when this site was the Number 1 for news, oh the decline &#33;

wow.gif
I remember when you were an irritating 13 year old Arsenal fan, but thats all changed now hasn&#39;t it?

How old are you now?
See, you&#39;re now an irritating 16 year old Arsenal fan. Close the door on your way out won&#39;t you.
He&#39;s actually 15 ...

Kev

Back