• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy In Ikon...

I seem to have a thing about bumping into Freddy. Saw virtually the whole team in mayhem (nothing to be proud of) on Freddy's birthday after his hat trick at Bristol City. Also saw him at a service station on the way back from Bristol Rovers in the LDV Southern Final last year. Seen him frequenting the Roebuck in Rayleigh a few times. Finally, and most strangely, I was wearing my Blues shirt down the Peterboat after the 3-1 demolition of the scum when his nieces came up to me and asked who my favourite player was. I promptly said Adam Barrett to which they went off none too happy
tounge.gif

Oh, and I keep seeing Super Cheese in Sainsbury's aswell. I promise I don't stalk, just got this thing about bumping into them all!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Mar. 27 2006,22:26)]I seem to have a thing about bumping into Freddy. Saw virtually the whole team in mayhem (nothing to be proud of) on Freddy's birthday after his hat trick at Bristol City. Also saw him at a service station on the way back from Bristol Rovers in the LDV Southern Final last year. Seen him frequenting the Roebuck in Rayleigh a few times. Finally, and most strangely, I was wearing my Blues shirt down the Peterboat after the 3-1 demolition of the scum when his nieces came up to me and asked who my favourite player was. I promptly said Adam Barrett to which they went off none too happy
tounge.gif

Oh, and I keep seeing Super Cheese in Sainsbury's aswell. I promise I don't stalk, just got this thing about bumping into them all!
You've seen the boys more times that I've seen my parents.

You sure you're not a stalker?
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 27 2006,18:20)]I once saw Martin Carruthers in a local greengrocers, buying up a very large quantity of Clementines. I spoke to him for a minute or two whilst he tried to engage in a spirited attempt to prise the potato sack from the middle shelving unit - you know the one - but refused the offer of a free Granny Smith.
Mr Rooney wouldn't (alledgedly).

boom boom

oops.gif
oops.gif

I saw Tes (in his SUFC tracksuit) in Tesco with his mum (or Rusty Lee) a couple of seasons ago..

I tried to show him my tattoo (it took a LOT of ink) but he ran away.

I lost him when he turned his on his windscreen wipers on the M25 and I lost my grip and fell off of the car, leaving me for dead in the central reservation.

Legend!

I once saw Little and Gooding in the Angel, Peter Taylor was there that evening as well. Taylor was chatty and sociable , Little was a miserable git....

I've seen Tes outside a UGC cinema in Ipswich once, I think he realised I was staring a little too much and got freaked out
biggrin.gif

I also saw Kevin Maher in Oasis in Lakeside buying tights on Valentines day
rock.gif

I'm hoping they were for a partner and he doesn't have some weird fettish we should be worried about!

I met Chris Powell in Cardiff. Made my day, that did. I met Phil Gridelet as well... err...

laugh.gif

I've played 5-a-side with Dave Cusack in Spitalfields (when they used to have five-a-side pitches there).

Oddly, I've met quite a few of the players at Roots Hall...

laugh.gif

Maybe (hopefully) for his brother's new missus?

Bumped into Adam on our way back to the pub after the Kiddy game last year. Forgot a pen.

I have seen Tilly in his playing days at a petrol station in Wickford and in Comet's or Dixons (can't remember which) in Basildon.

He also shoved me out of the way on new years eve once (in a Wickford pub) so he get to the bar using his celebrity status to get served first when the bar was 10 deep with people!

Have also been cut up by Leo Roget, and followed Lewis Hunt down the A127 after an evening game this year. It was only about 5 minutes after the end of the game and he was playing, so I think he must have still been in his kit!

Also saw Richard Cadette in Southend once, and asked him if he was leaving, to which he said no. A week later he signed for Sheff Utd!

Adam Barrett ( with Neil Harris ) in Churchills on my stag night

Scott Forbes in Hogshead, sober

Scott Forbes in TOTS, pi$$ed

Barrington Belgrave in Southend JD Sports

Tilly and Brush in Reflex

Cheese, Barrett, Petts and Spinner after the 2nd LDV Final in a bar in Cardiff

When we were taking Sheff Weds coach bookings in the Shrimpers Bar.. Sir Stanley Collymore wandered in and asked me if i wanted a game of pool.. i'm afraid to say i wiped the floor with him and he spent the whole game muttering and moaning to himself under his breath.
Also after we beat Blackburn 3-0, went to TOTS with Shrimptank and pretty much the whole squad were in there.. Most of them were pretty friendly and Chrissy Powell bought us a pint
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trust Treasurer Bloke @ Mar. 28 2006,11:55)]Have also been cut up by Leo Roget
Have you still got the scars?

I am in shock...

Not so much as you were in there but the fact they let you in?

Was shrimptank wearing his 3/4 lengths?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Manchester Blues @ Mar. 28 2006,14:13)]I am in shock...

Not so much as you were in there but the fact they let you in?

Was shrimptank wearing his 3/4 lengths?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NO... and i believe he may have been a bit slimmer back then too !!!!

Back