• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Francis at CB

Francis was superb at centre back today and I would keep the same back four for MK. Probably swap Herd for Harding even though Herd was superb. Clarke & Franno for Sunday please!

Barrett is massively over-rated and just because he is "Mr Southend" doesn't mean he should be automatically starting.

The back 4 for MK DONS must be

RB-SANKOFA
CB-CLARKE
CB-FRANCIS
LB-HARDING

If Barrett gets back in it will be shameful, he is Mr Blue etc etc, but after today footballing decisions must come first, and we all saw Francis keep 2 very good strikers at this level (constantine & akinfenwa) very quiet.
The first three selections I can agree with, but Keep herd at Left-Back, I thought he had a good game today, And Francis at Centre-Back, he was fantastic along with Clarke. Looked solid throughout today, which proves that the barrett and clarke partnership does not work.

I agree with what you are saying about Barrett as well, it would be ridiculous to bring Barrett back because he is the Captain of the team.

The defence looked solid today, shame about the attacks. Next area to focus on in training?

He did well today but to my eyes the Cobblers were basically playing Akinfenwa up on his own (who Clarkey had in his pocket) and Francis was free to clear up. A decent performance but lets not get carried away, Northampton offered very little threat forward.

havn't thread this whole thread but thought francis had a pretty decent game today. wouldn't want him there full time but as back up i don't have a problem. much better performance there than he has had in a very long time at rb.

clean sheet as a bonus.

As i said on another thread, the performance of clarke and francis made our defence look more solid than it has in a while. Francis has been awful recently at right back and with sankofa playing well today i believe this is the defence we should be fielding! Also thought herd had a great game, very composed on the ball and didn't look out of his depth at all

Thought the whole defence did well, Franno and Clarke seemed to have a much better understanding and control of the oppo forwards, Sankofa and Herd both looked comfortable and confident and both made some great attacking runs.

I'd certainly leave that back 4 where they are for the next game, surely Harding is unavailable for Chelsea anyway, so Herd has to have another game in preparation? Interesting one for Tilly, bring back captain Barrett or not?

Wasn't at the game yesterday so have a few questions. Was Francis really that good or was it a case that Northampton were poor up front?. We all know he can play when he wants too and that he has an attitude thing, what if he decides to go missing at centre back one day , isn't it going to be a lot more costly in the middle than out on the flank? Has Herd got a right foot or is he all left? Just thinking of switching him to right back and Barrett to left.

Where have all the Francis knocking idiots sneaked off to then ?

Bit unfair methinks to brand the people questioned Francis as idiots because it is true that his form this season at full back has been poor, and I think people have just been stating the obvious not knocking him.Yesterday at Centre Back I think we saw what he can do he was superb and in my opinion should be given a run in that position.

Wasn't at the game yesterday so have a few questions. Was Francis really that good or was it a case that Northampton were poor up front?. We all know he can play when he wants too and that he has an attitude thing, what if he decides to go missing at centre back one day , isn't it going to be a lot more costly in the middle than out on the flank? Has Herd got a right foot or is he all left? Just thinking of switching him to right back and Barrett to left.

They started with Akinfenwa, who took us apart last time we played against him, and Constantine. In theory, that's a good front line so I think I'd give him a bit of credit.

Bit unfair methinks to brand the people questioned Francis as idiots because it is true that his form this season at full back has been poor, and I think people have just been stating the obvious not knocking him.Yesterday at Centre Back I think we saw what he can do he was superb and in my opinion should be given a run in that position.

So where are the Clarke and Francis knockers, who may or not be idiots.

They started with Akinfenwa, who took us apart last time we played against him, and Constantine. In theory, that's a good front line so I think I'd give him a bit of credit.

Totally agree this would be a very difficult pairing to come up against in your first game at centre back but Francis handled them well along with clarke.

From the department of stating the bleeding obvious, I know, but Francis's height could be a big help against some of the old-school centre-forward types who seem to do so well against us.

Hopefully he can provide a bit of covering pace too - something we haven't really had since Sodje left.

FWIW, I'd also keep Herd in the side at least until after Chelsea - there's little point switching to and fro between him and Harding on a weekly basis and I think that Herd's earned an opportunity to show what he can do over a run of games.

Last edited:

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back