• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Francis at CB

GBJ

⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
quite simple, franno looked the business today at CB. Looked comfortable and confident at CB. hardly put a foot wrong and looked like the old simon francis, i.e reliable!!!
For weeks people have been saying clarke and barrett does not work! for weeks people have said francis has no competition! nice little situation resolver me thinks.
Should give tilson a difficult decision on who to play there from now on.
Oh and those that slated me for suggesting putting franno at CB, tut tut. :finger:

spot on mate francis was brilliant. Just need a good right back now. Its good because he add a bit of pace to the centre.

Thought Franno was solid at CB today and didn't put a foot wrong, Also thought Clarke was a lot more commanding.

Really does show now that Barrett and Clarke can't play together

Francis looked like a completely different player to previous games, and was well impressive.

Where does this leave barrett? Hmmm.

Oh and those that slated me for suggesting putting franno at CB, tut tut. :finger:

Francis was indeed excellent today and the natural choice to play there following Barrett's suspension. I just re-read the thread where you suggested playing him at CB though and don't see anyone slating you for it. Not sure I can even see anyone disagreeing!

Francis was indeed excellent today and the natural choice to play there following Barrett's suspension. I just re-read the thread where you suggested playing him at CB though and don't see anyone slating you for it. Not sure I can even see anyone disagreeing!

a certain "Andy S" had some very condecending views towards my comments i'm afraid. go to the game today andy?

Problem is with Barrett having Southend United running through his veins.

We probably wont see Francis at CB again even though for me today was his best performance of the season.

SF has played CB in reserves with Liptak before, I agree he had a great game too today. Well orchestrated by Clarke, they played quite good as a pairing. Sankofa was better as well. Big shout out to Herd, what a game, very well played. Grant also. Macca was winning the ball back with style and Milsolm too.

could never understand the havinga go at Francis thing - a whole thread to knocking him on here - clearly one of our most talented young professionals emerging as an established member of the squad, always capable of creating genuine threat and good defensive work when alongside a sensible defensive partner ...

Clarke and Francis looked very good together today, and in turn Mildy seemed more confident. The pair should def start on Sunday. However, we have signed Baz up on a long contract and have made him the figurehead of the team - and that is a huge problem when his form lapses.
First 15 minutes though Francis stunk and I was fearing the worst as he was continually giving the ball away when not under pressure.

Last edited:
I don't think there's any question what defensive pairing we should start with against the franchise scum. Barrett's a top bloke with the club's best interests at heart, and I'm sure he'd be the first to say it should be Clarke and Francis.

Problem is with Barrett having Southend United running through his veins.

We probably wont see Francis at CB again even though for me today was his best performance of the season.

Should be nothing to do with adam having southend united running through his veins on todays performance it HAS to be Francis and Clarke, Barrett had had far too many dicky games this season and should have to fight for his place back in the team, thought clarky was brilliant as captain as well very vocal, his experience as blackpool captain showed

The back 4 for MK DONS must be

RB-SANKOFA
CB-CLARKE
CB-FRANCIS
LB-HARDING

If Barrett gets back in it will be shameful, he is Mr Blue etc etc, but after today footballing decisions must come first, and we all saw Francis keep 2 very good strikers at this level (constantine & akinfenwa) very quiet.

Should be nothing to do with adam having southend united running through his veins on todays performance it HAS to be Francis and Clarke, Barrett had had far too many dicky games this season and should have to fight for his place back in the team, thought clarky was brilliant as captain as well very vocal, his experience as blackpool captain showed

I know it shouldn't , thats why i said that you cant change a winning team.

The back 4 for MK DONS must be

RB-SANKOFA
CB-CLARKE
CB-FRANCIS
LB-HARDING

If Barrett gets back in it will be shameful, he is Mr Blue etc etc, but after today footballing decisions must come first, and we all saw Francis keep 2 very good strikers at this level (constantine & akinfenwa) very quiet.

Sorry, But i cant agree with that, How can you drop Herd ?

The back four today worked and we kept a clean sheet so there is no need to change it.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back