• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I recall there was a lad on the original Yahoo group who was somewhat ridiculed for the suggestion of pitch rotation.
The original group wasn't yahoo. There was one before that managed through Edge Hill College.

That was back in my investment bank days when email was only available though our mainframe and we had to prefix all external email addresses with "I.".

My productivity hasn't been the same since!

Does anyone know if were trying to get the capacity increased for the first game against York ? I know last season it was capped at around 8.7K but I genuinely think we could see a 10K crowd for that first game under the ownership of COSU.

Although there is always huge amount of excitement amongst the loyalist of fans, I always find the opening day fixtures surprisingly disappointing! I assume to the many thousands who are off to sunnier climates, and the many arm chair fans, who want to see ' how we are getting on' before parting with their cash! I seem to find the tempo of fan movement picks up around Christmas and then stays for the run in, I hope I am wrong, and I hope the 10th is a bumper pay day for all!! (Who remembers our famous first ever game in Div 1 only just over 6k turned up to see us play Bristol City)

The first day of the season usually has a dissapointing crowd. In fact, the first 3 months of seasons are when we see our lowest crowds.

Hopefully, this will be different. If the team get off to a flyer this season that 7-8k will be the norm.

I'd love us to take top spot in the attendances from Oldham. For that to happen, we need to doing well and them to have another mediocre season.

(Who remembers our famous first ever game in Div 1 only just over 6k turned up to see us play Bristol City)
Ha ha the ground was packed. Good old Vic was counting the attendances that season!
Most Bristol City supporters that day got in for free anyway, when they 'opened' the exit gate!

The first day of the season usually has a dissapointing crowd. In fact, the first 3 months of seasons are when we see our lowest crowds.

Hopefully, this will be different. If the team get off to a flyer this season that 7-8k will be the norm.

I'd love us to take top spot in the attendances from Oldham. For that to happen, we need to doing well and them to have another mediocre season.
Oldham as of last week, had sold just over 3k season tickets, similar prices to ours I think.
They of course have the capacity to do a couple of special offers per season and get 12k+ crowds.

Although there is always huge amount of excitement amongst the loyalist of fans, I always find the opening day fixtures surprisingly disappointing! I assume to the many thousands who are off to sunnier climates, and the many arm chair fans, who want to see ' how we are getting on' before parting with their cash! I seem to find the tempo of fan movement picks up around Christmas and then stays for the run in, I hope I am wrong, and I hope the 10th is a bumper pay day for all!! (Who remembers our famous first ever game in Div 1 only just over 6k turned up to see us play Bristol City)

Yep I was one of the 6,720!

'Who put the ball in the Bristol net?
Ian Benjamin!'

:Happy::Happy::Happy:

Not everybody has Instagram you Maltese doughnut 🍩 :Smile2:

score board.png

Work is underway for a new digital scoreboard to be installed at Roots Hall ahead of the 2024/25 season.

This upgrade aims to enhance the matchday experience for fans, providing real-time updates and interactive features. The installation is expected to be completed before the season kicks off, ensuring everything is ready for the first game against York City.

View attachment 32994

Work is underway for a new digital scoreboard to be installed at Roots Hall ahead of the 2024/25 season.

This upgrade aims to enhance the matchday experience for fans, providing real-time updates and interactive features. The installation is expected to be completed before the season kicks off, ensuring everything is ready for the first game against York City.
I was on the go! Still, impressed by your tech skills considering... you know...

View attachment 32994

What are real time updates - a clock and the score?

Back