• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
On the other point of news is Npower was makeing threats to 1 cut of the electric And 2 take the club to court .Both has been suspended untill the take over is complet .A company like Npower would not do this if assurances are in place that the bill will be paid by the new owners .

What would I do with them? I don’t work there! It’s not my decision to make but I’m sure there are other areas they can be housed.
There’s usually only about 20 of them anyway!

Not for me , it makes no sense logistical wise, for me a new east stand built 4-5 meters to the east, then a reworked west stand and south stand for blue voice, then knock down north stand for away supporters with no roof so no acoustics ..
Okay……that all sounds like it’s about 5-10 years away! I’m thinking about getting the attendance up and the atmosphere rocking.

I'd like to see the north developed into something like barnets away end.

Proper away end with beers underneath.

The facilities for the away supporters has been dire for years. A big reason why we don't get decent away support visit us.

Turn the x and North west corner into safe standing and that would make for a great atmosphere.

I'd like to see the north developed into something like barnets away end.

Proper away end with beers underneath.

The facilities for the away supporters has been dire for years. A big reason why we don't get decent away support visit us.

Turn the x and North west corner into safe standing and that would make for a great atmosphere.
I doubt that's the case. Real football fans go to away grounds to support there team, not because the away end is fantastic or not.

I doubt that's the case. Real football fans go to away grounds to support there team, not because the away end is fantastic or not.

True to a point, but it can’t be ignored that the worse the facilities/experience, the less likely people are to return.

Numerous posters on here have said they won’t return to places like Wealdstone & Dorking due to it being poor for away fans.

True to a point, but it can’t be ignored that the worse the facilities/experience, the less likely people are to return.

Numerous posters on here have said they won’t return to places like Wealdstone & Dorking due to it being poor for away fans.
there loss I guess when maher has Southend challenging for promotion. 1 fan loss is another fan gain.

Okay……that all sounds like it’s about 5-10 years away! I’m thinking about getting the attendance up and the atmosphere rocking.
Understand your point on the time line, yes would take a while that's true, Smithys view is to move the away fans into the North West corner made secure and safe etc and accessible from fairway drive , this would allow home fans back into North bank.

Back