• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former Crystal Palace and Ipswich Town midfielder Owen Garvan training with Southend

Garvan would be superb. Behind Mooney and Hunt. Payne his back-up.

Deegan, Timlin, Leonard, Wordsworth in the middle.

Hurst, Weston, Atkinson on the wings

Probably forgot someone.

Garvan is a superb player, an upgrade in pretty much most of the midfield currently here.
Same goes for Jack Smith, easily an upgrade on John White.

found this on a millwal forum when he went there last year . apparently we should be playing Jason Williams instead (only a Millwal supporter could agree with Mrs Blue :winking:)

[h=5]Re: Owen Garvan Joins On 3 Month Loan[/h]« Reply #20 on: 11 September 2014, 09:09 AM »

Maybe we don't get over excited any more is because we have been down this route several times with Freedman. Brings in what turn out to be cast offs from other teams reserve sides, either falls out with them or hardly ever plays them so then asks for a few more. And so the cycle continues.

Personally, along with many others on here and at the ground, I would prefer to see some of the academy lads given a proper go or sign some young promising kid from Rochdale or Southend. Middle aged journeymen from the same old clubs is a tried and tested fail.

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/forum/bolton-wanderers/owen-garvan-joins-on-3-month-loan/

so do SUFC, the money they are wasting there..... I can't say how much, someone would loose their job.

Are you related to Southend Pier? He likes to drop little 'guess what' snippets around on here as well. And is just as listened to as you are.

Can we all agree one thing, this being Garvin would be a quality addition !

Wordsworth is an upgraded addition as well.

Now, people hark on about the money on Deegan, however, we have no idea how much we are paying him, the reason the talks were on going was probably because we as a club was playing hardball with him as opposed to the other way.

Lenny gives balance within the squad, as we saw last season.

Timlin is the leader of the pack , Worrell is a class act , no doubting that.

We should be lauding the links we have with these players. It's going to be a long hard season, the bigger the squad, the less we need to rely on the loans that people bemoan. Also, the better quality within the squad keeps all players on their toes.

Now, on to the sticker issue. Whether people like it or not, we will probably start 1 up top away to Fleetwood on Saturday, meaning that we have mooney and Noel as the required personnel. Brown has a list of players he is targeting and will not be rushed, again I prefer the way he is going about his business this summer.

The more quality in the squad the better for all. We have a budget, so if we keep within it, which I'm sure we will, then is irrelevant what players are offered and agreed to.

Garvan and Mcleod would be great additions and Piggott is certainly useful. However, isn't it in defence where we are short?

If we can land Old Big Head McLeod we will be laughing, I read a lot about his personality... Not good, but he gets the goals...it's a big if...... He would be good with Mooney, and your man can work in there as well.

so do SUFC, the money they are wasting there..... I can't say how much, someone would loose their job.

Although you're talking rubbish I would much rather pay a player a lower wage and cover the cost of staying/living at somewhere like the Roslin than giving them a bigger wage to allow them to live elsewhere.

Your dislike of the Roslin is weird.

From my Palace mate

"He is a very technical player, clever passer but you could out run him in a sprint!! He also has the strangest running action I have EVER seen!"

Back