• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Financial Profitability

I think a handful make an operating profit due to careful management. Accrington Stanley are often quoted as an example. Crewe Alexandra have been the textbook example of a club able to make an operating profit season after season due to their excellent academy and their subsequent transfer earnings.

Carlisle United have a very useful document entitled Understanding the Club's Finances:

That is a really interesting document. Can't imagine anything like that coming from our club for as long as I've been alive!

First time I've come across the phrase 'Football fortune' too. Informative slide, that.

That is a really interesting document. Can't imagine anything like that coming from our club for as long as I've been alive!

First time I've come across the phrase 'Football fortune' too. Informative slide, that.

Yes, I suggest everyone interested in how L1 & 2 football clubs' finances really work should have a look at that Carlisle United document.

That's a beautifully presented financial overview. Shows really clearly and transparently the challenges of a lower league club but also so informative and if we had a version like this, lots of the guesswork and more bonkers ideas on here would disappear.

hasn't anyone
Didn't know I could start a thread being only a humble worker bee

Obviously I am thick but if we are in Division 2 or Division 1 for that matter and gates are generally similar then how do we become more profitable by getting promoted
As well as what other have mentioned I think there's some other things:
1. Ticket price increases; 3,000 seasons at £300 becoming 3,000 at £400 is an extra 1/4 million plus.
2. You hope season ticket sales and matchday ticket sales increase
3. Away ticket sales increase. No more Fylde and Maidenhead bringing less than 50.

We need to sort out something fast as match day staff I know have not been paid yet.
Are they not paid cash in hand after the match anymore? They used to go in a little office in the East Stand, by the South turnstiles to collect wages.

Hopefully they will find the Eastwood war chest when they do the renovations, we may need it.

Bit misleading - I haven't seen this episode yet - but it looks like they've put in £10m - but the value of the club has increased by more - so if they sold they could expect a profit. Also I'd guess it probably excludes any money they're being paid as part of the series?

Bit misleading - I haven't seen this episode yet - but it looks like they've put in £10m - but the value of the club has increased by more - so if they sold they could expect a profit. Also I'd guess it probably excludes any money they're being paid as part of the series?
Yes, they certainly will cash in on their success. The TV thing looks like it will payoff in a number of ways. A breakdown of their accounts would make interesting reading.

I believe that making use of the facilities more than just the 20 odd match days a year has to be done.
With the location of the ground, close City heart on a major road with a big car park, the East Stand area has the potential to be a very useable and viable space for conferences, parties, entertainment, wakes, etc.
Absolutely.

I think a handful make an operating profit due to careful management. Accrington Stanley are often quoted as an example. Crewe Alexandra have been the textbook example of a club able to make an operating profit season after season due to their excellent academy and their subsequent transfer earnings.

Carlisle United have a very useful document entitled Understanding the Club's Finances:

Thanks for posting that, really interesting and quite something to see such transparency. Something i hope we see with the new regime.

24,000 this season alone and they are always out of stock.

Even if that happened to us currently and we managed to flog shirts to half the populstion of Austrailia the club would see zero profit from it.

It would all go to the club shop franchise, another reason to change that stupid business model,

Even if that happened to us currently and we managed to flog shirts to half the populstion of Austrailia the club would see zero profit from it.

It would all go to the club shop franchise, another reason to change that stupid business model,
I would expect there to be a correlation between the cost of sponsorship and the number/profile of the club shirts. For Wrexham that must be huge, for us not so, and even less when there aren't any shirts to sell, be worn or seen.

Back