• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agreed,

UEFA could also invite the nations who never backed Blatter.

Something similar was suggested on the radio this morning. A UEFA invitational tournament held every four years across Europe. As you say, something along the lines of nations who want to distance themselves from the FIFA corruption which, as we all know, is rife.

73 delegates voted against Blatter,time to set up their own tournament and by pass the 2018 and 2022 world cups , also set up their own organisation ,fall away from FIFA , they would be surprised i think how many others would follow them , also how many sponsors would leave FIFA and join them also. FIFA is the most corrupt organistion on this planet .

73 delegates voted against Blatter,time to set up their own tournament and by pass the 2018 and 2022 world cups , also set up their own organisation ,fall away from FIFA , they would be surprised i think how many others would follow them , also how many sponsors would leave FIFA and join them also. FIFA is the most corrupt organistion on this planet .

Oh come on. I think that the Mafia would argue otherwise. (They'd lose, but it would be a close run thing.)

Apparently UEFA didn't even unanimously vote against Blatter. The ballot is supposed to be secret but apparently 40 Ali, 3 abstentions and 10 Blatter.

Apparently UEFA didn't even unanimously vote against Blatter. The ballot is supposed to be secret but apparently 40 Ali, 3 abstentions and 10 Blatter.

Platini couldn't even garner the support of his native Frenchman on the electorate, who voted for Blatter (and then confirmed it to L'Equipe yesterday).

Utter sham by every FA including ours,Dyke giving it the big un yet won't withdraw us from the WC,Platini's own country went against him.

79 year old midget has so much power,only because every country including us want their share of the loot.

Jack Warner posted a serious video accusing the USA of double standards because FIFA had awarded USA the World Cup to kick off on 27th May 2015 and they'd accepted. He was unaware the article he was citing came from a satire 'news' site. Warner failed to notice the article was a joke despite it having lines such as: 'at press time, the U.S. national team was leading defending champions Germany in the World Cup’s opening match after being awarded 12 penalties in the game’s first three minutes'.

I caught up with HIGNFY last night.....32st Chuck Blazer has not one, but two luxury penthouses at a cost of £60K a month....and one is for his cats. :nope:

I caught up with HIGNFY last night.....32st Chuck Blazer has not one, but two luxury penthouses at a cost of £60K a month....and one is for his cats. :nope:

Thought that was fairly common knowledge after the NYT expose last year after he'd been flipped by the FBI.

Seems the money trail has led them to Jerome Valcke, as close as you can get to Blatter without actually shopping him, although FIFA have denied he sanctioned the money transfer and tried to pin it on the conveniently dead Julio Grondona. Not that the cap doesn't fit Grondona, he was sensationally corrupt during his time.

Jennings had a really interesting theory the other day; he wouldn't be surprised if it's Blatter that's invited the FBI in on condition of anonymity, and he's cleaning house before he hands over the reins knowing full well he's made enough money for a hundred lifetimes.

Also talk of the FBI working on this since 2009. Testimony from the accused is going to be fascinating.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/605660641374912512 - Hahaha! Grondona my arse!

Thought that was fairly common knowledge after the NYT expose last year after he'd been flipped by the FBI.

Seems the money trail has led them to Jerome Valcke, as close as you can get to Blatter without actually shopping him, although FIFA have denied he sanctioned the money transfer and tried to pin it on the conveniently dead Julio Grondona. Not that the cap doesn't fit Grondona, he was sensationally corrupt during his time.

Jennings had a really interesting theory the other day; he wouldn't be surprised if it's Blatter that's invited the FBI in on condition of anonymity, and he's cleaning house before he hands over the reins knowing full well he's made enough money for a hundred lifetimes.

Also talk of the FBI working on this since 2009. Testimony from the accused is going to be fascinating.
Interesting theory.

Didn't FIFA volunteer to hand over the ethics report to the Swiss officials? That does seem to suggest that there was some level of willingness to bring this onto themselves.

Blatter is a lot of things, but he isn't stupid.

Interesting theory.

Didn't FIFA volunteer to hand over the ethics report to the Swiss officials? That does seem to suggest that there was some level of willingness to bring this onto themselves.

Aye. He can ride off into the sunset with his ill-gotten gains in four years' time claiming to be the great white knight that helped rid FIFA of its ills.

Interesting theory.

Too true. I think that needs a thread of its own. Let's list all the things Blatter is. Let me start:

• A *****
  • A *****
  • A *****

Anyone else?

I do not think this is solely a football money & corruption issue, for example Qatar are reported big financiers of ISIS; the USA ( and most sensible countries) will want to exert influence any way it can AND at present times Russia and ISIS are the big bad news stories in the world. The World Cup staging is huge and the risk of the next two being moved is a huge leverage point in politics dirty waters.
I believe Blatter will, eventually, be arrested and indicted; he will then be declared as having dementia and released with assets confiscated.
Qater to lose World Cup which will be played over several countries; possibly Holland, Belgium, Denmark and Sweden with final (only) at Wembley.:smile:

Gonna be an interesting press conference. Follow @richard_conway for updates

tumblr_m9jn28OQVR1rxj7wko1_500.gif

Back